Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Honda CBR250r. Beautiful design efficiency and a narrow profile...until you get to the exhaust/muffler (afterthought). I've seen a few mod attempts online, but was wondering if anyone had tried to use a CBR600rr exhaust/muffler (with corresponding pipe resizing/configuring) on a CBR250r. What makes it workable on a 600rr and not a 250r? Just curious.

Don't get me wrong, that entire license plate/turn signal conglomeration would have to go as well (with an integrated tail assembly or aftermarket LED strip lighting), but the exhaust is much more integrated into the entire design of the motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
... was wondering if anyone had tried to use a CBR600rr exhaust/muffler (with corresponding pipe resizing/configuring) on a CBR250r. What makes it workable on a 600rr and not a 250r? Just curious.
Simply because that is how Honda designed the exhaust for the 600.

There are at least three or four existing threads on this topic... type undertail exhausts into the search window, and they will come up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think an undertail exhaust could be done. However, you'll definitely lose the storage space underneath the passenger seat (which I use for basically everything). The biggest issue I see is that the 600 was more likely than not designed to have an undertail exhaust in the first place, meaning someone packaged it for the piping to route up to the tail without any weird or tight bends. The 250 didn't have that consideration, so anything that packages well will probably be a nightmare from a fluid dynamics standpoint unless very cleverly designed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts