Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is there anyway to re route the exhaust so it'll fit in the undertail? just like CBR600. Of course i'm going to have to change the fenders, but other than that, is there an exhaust kit in the undertail for the CBR250? or do we have to mod it somehow?

I'm really in love with the cbr 600 but don't have the cash to burn on em, besides a CBR600 is waaay to bulky and it'll attract too much attention if i'm gonna be riding it for school, so i'm just tryin to mod the CBR 250 to look like a CBR 600 (xcept the fairings maybe, the 250 is cool enough). Thanks :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
OK I promise I wont answer this one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sure if you can get a hold of the right size stainless steel tubing, do some bending and welding, and then find something for your tag and blinkers that'll work for an undertail exhaust, you might be in business. But thus far I haven't seen any undertail exhaust kits for the 250. Let us know what ya come up with, I might be interested in doing the same.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No. Plus what happens when you use the full travel of the rear suspension.
And the heat arou d plastics that were not designed to take the heat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can remove your stock tail light and relocate it somewhere :D

heres another one however im not liking the layout of the pipe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@JRX

the top pic is nice, very clean. Any info on what exhaust is that? or is it custom? i'm kinda looking for an aftermarket one. I heard that leo vince made an exhaust for CBR250 that is available for undertail, correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here in the Philippines, almost all exhaust are custom made.

I saw another pic... this is in thailand .. this is the nicest undertail exhaust for cbr 150/250 i saw but it will require lots of mods to fit and relocate other stock parts

·
Registered
48 Posts
They look nice, congrats!

However, I for one am inclined to think that this is a mod which sides toward the "for those with the tools/time/money/ability and/or fanatics only."

I admit to going for the Yoshi rear fender eliminator and M4 SS "mufflerette," but doesn't the effort and money to create an under-seat exhaust for the little R hanker toward the notion of putting a $50 saddle on a $10 horse?

More power to you that you did it and it looks good. Not hardly within my price/performance envelope, tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what bout the heat generate from exhaust system. have to look for that to.dont you think it can damage fibre parts. as in bigger bikes they do have some kind of other arrangements to prevent fibre from heat.(Just a thought)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dual yoshi pipes??? That's madness!! (and probably fake) I like that in a single shot. No double shot. Too much ricer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Would exhaust parts from the new CRF250L help?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Step 1: Buy (an) expensive free-flow muffler(s).
Step 2: Add a couple new bends to the existing pipe. Every 90 degree bend adds the same resistance as 20 feet of straight pipe (or somewhere around that).
Step 3: ???
Step 4: profit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the m4 street slayer on my cbr 250r repsol. I friggin love this exhaust! Although I admit that the undertail looks good too. Maybe I can engineer a way to get the me4 routed under the tail...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts