Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. It was suggested to me that after I purchased my CBR and sold my GZ250, that I should post a review about the differences in case anyone is in a predicament similar to the one I was in. I drove a 2007 Suzuki GZ250 for about 6 months, and I commute in a relatively large and busy city to and from school on a daily basis. The bike was fine for my needs, but I wanted a bit more power to help me to get up and out of the way of people if needed for safety.

That's when I saw the new CBR250r. It was fuel injected and still a 250, which would sip the gas (the entire reason I bought the bike), and still be cheap to run and insure. Thing is, I didn't know if the price tag was worth the upgrade from what I had. Since it was still a 250, would the power difference be enough to justify another purchase instead of just getting a bigger bike?

In short, ABSOLUTELY! The difference is night and day. The suspension on the Honda is much more responsive, the fuel injection is spot on perfect, snap throttle response, and so much torque I can sit in 6th gear at 35mph all day long without bogging. The clutch is light and in a great position, and this bike is much more happy on the freeway. 0-60 times feel nearly doubled over that of the GZ. The only bummers is the tool kit is a joke (we all know that), and coming from a cruiser type bike it is a bit of a drag to have to remove body panels to get to serviceable parts.

So far lovin' the bike, and if anyone has this specific situation to upgrade from a GZ, jump on the deal if you can get a good price and don't think twice about it!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only other bad thing I can say is that valve adjustments are kind of a pain, especially since they are hard to get to, need semi-special tools, and have to buy the shims instead of just turning a screw and a nut. I think I'll get over that minor inconvenience quickly though. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts