Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys been trying to figure this site out for a while now, kind of hard at first.

i been looking for a new slip on exhaust for my cbr250 bc im heavy enough and dont need that extra weight from the stock. i am also trying to get a fender eliminator kit. i am also not trying to spend that much because i dont have that much, will go for new or used. please let me know of anything you may hear of.

i am currently changing out the stock air filter for the k&n upgraded filter, should last me long time if i put it in good.

·
2,015 Posts
Good luck. I'm not sure that a K&N filter is an upgrade. I assume that you will be washing and re-oiling this filter?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've been riding this bike for 5 years and I'm no lightweight. The bike in stock trim is fine...K&N filter and different exhaust won't make a perceptible difference without a fuel remapping, which will kill the fuel economy.

I enjoy the bike for what it is, and don't try to make it into what it is not.

I'd rather spend my hard-earned money on meaningful upgrades like better seat, heated grips, storage, and better riding gear.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
hey guys been trying to figure this site out for a while now, kind of hard at first.

i been looking for a new slip on exhaust for my cbr250 bc im heavy enough and dont need that extra weight from the stock. i am also trying to get a fender eliminator kit. i am also not trying to spend that much because i dont have that much, will go for new or used. please let me know of anything you may hear of.

i am currently changing out the stock air filter for the k&n upgraded filter, should last me long time if i put it in good.
K&N is great if you want a bunch of unfiltered air to get into your engine.

Fender eliminator is a waste of money and will only wet your back when you hit puddles.

Use your limited money for hi-vis vest, and proper gear instead.

·
Registered
477 Posts

I have made quite a few mods to my CBR, including the fender eliminator and slip on you mention. If you're looking for noticeable difference in performance with a slip-on, I think you'll be pretty disappointed.

However, I do like the way it looks and the way it sounds.

If you're truly on a tight budget, but want a noticeable performance upgrade, I say get a steel braided brake line for the front brakes. Feel improves significantly and only cost around $20 from a local brake shop.

If you want to proceed with fender eliminator, I've heard that hotbodies piece is pretty much all plastic and pretty frail. I have Yoshimura fender eliminator installed on mine. It was pretty much all aluminum or steel construction, and very well made. The trade off is it's not cheap. I think they were around $100, if not more.

Slip on wise, you have quite a few options. I installed Arrow on mine. Including mid pipe, again, it's not cheap. I believe all in all cost around $350. I like the Arrow, because the sound deepens noticeably without increasing the decibels much.

As for K&N, not sure if it's an improvement, either. I've heard a lot of stories otherwise on bike and auto forums, so I'm sticking with OEM with regards to filters.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
given above excellent advice, on weight a good slip on will weigh less.. but they cost money, if you want one designed for use on the road, such as leo vince evo II carbon with two db reducers [front and back].. your option using either, both or none.. most slipons specify for racing use and are very loud.. my lv evoII carbon from moto.gb at under $400 incl postage to australia from uk, or depending where you are [helps to include location in questions], a good made in usa slip on.. theres no real performance gain, other than slight power to weight ratio, but an experienced rider can feel the difference riding before and after.. also imo the well made lv designed for this model [and cbr300r] fits close and neatly following lines of bike [and for cbr300r the heat difference is obvious].. if you do decide to buy a slip on, keep the stock for later resale then sell the used s/o.. a good helmet well fitted with similar gloves, boots and jacket make a big difference in comfort thus safety and enjoyment when riding, and are the obvious first priority..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts