Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the projected delivery dates for early-orders of the CBR250R? I am wondering if it will be hear on-time for April.

·
Registered
131 Posts
From what i've been hearing, those in the US who pre-ordered their CBR250R should get delivery of them by April - May. But with the CBR250R's high demand and the way Honda has been dealing with this situation the date could change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i was snooping around the local honda dealership ...... and was able to talk to the sales guy when he wasnt busy....

honda sales guy said the cbr205r's bound for USA will be coming from the plant in Thailand....

isn't Thailand close to Japan?

the events goin on in Japan are getting worse and spreading, it could halt delivery of cbr250r's to USA

·
Registered
879 Posts
Delivery might be a problem because of the Earth Quake in Japan. At least thats what my dealer told me. They have been trying to find out from honda whats going on but so far have not had much luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Delivery might be a problem because of the Earth Quake in Japan. At least thats what my dealer told me. They have been trying to find out from honda whats going on but so far have not had much luck
thats teh info i been waiting for. at this time it only makes sense that the quake in Japan will do such a thing....

tsunami warning for southern Thailand has been issued, i think the cbr250r plant in Thailand is in the southern region. anyone know exactly where the plant is?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A Sales Manager swears up and down the U.S. bound ones are coming from Japan. He also says they are already en route. I buy the story about them coming from Thailand more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A Sales Manager swears up and down the U.S. bound ones are coming from Japan. He also says they are already en route. I buy the story about them coming from Thailand more.
Its really surprising how many sales people don't know where their inventory is coming from. It could be that or they just don't want any questions as to why the bike is coming from India/Thailand. I'm willing to bet good money its coming from Thailand.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my dealer said delivery for mid-april, but he's pressing for an early release approval. we'll see if thats actual fact or not. haven;t heard anything about a delay due to the disaster overseas

·
Registered
193 Posts
According to the 2011 Honda CBR 250R Press Kit......

"The CBR250R will be launched by Thai Honda in 2011 as a global model for export to a wide range of places, including the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries, Japan, Europe, North America and Australia."

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^^Hmm..that is interesting wording, especially the "for export" part.

·
Registered
69 Posts
All coming from Thailand is my understanding. This is a world release model, so they don't need to build them in other countries to meet different emissions standards. I think this is good news for us if we want to mod our bikes as they will all have to meet a common denominator of the most stringent requirements (ie California?) and therefore leave lots of room to play with and get more out of the bike while still having a vehicle that is better for the environment.

·
281 Posts
US Availability

I spoke with a representative with American Honda in Torrance, CA. Yesterday. They indicated CBR250's should be arriving at dealerships in mid May.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I spoke with a representative with American Honda in Torrance, CA. Yesterday. They indicated CBR250's should be arriving at dealerships in mid May.

Alright i guess its pretty much confirmed in may they shall arrive. Even though some factories in the states may shut down and mostly all honda plants of shut down, i guess its safe to assume that all parts off the cbr250r are made in thailand.

·
281 Posts
I would guess that some parts are coming from Japan. If so, this could delay the U.S. shipments. The folks from Honda Motors do want you to wait...so getting concise information could be difficult.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Tooled in Thai Honda

That is what I read. The CBR250R is a brand new design with a brand new designed engine. I doubt highly that all parts are not made in the Thai plant. I'm afraid though they underestimated the demand and there may be major shortages, a great fear indeed because I want mine so bad I can almost taste it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer says they will have them on April 25th. Many others are hearing the same thing. So I hope this is true. I can't wait any longer!!

·
281 Posts
My dealer actually called me yesterday..his dealer rep is still sticking to the story of 250's arriving around mid May in Oregon, USA...............

1 - 20 of 103 Posts