Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a motorcycle jack for lifting the CBR250 for service or winter storage. The exhaust looks to hang lower than the other parts. Any comments.

If a jack is not appropriate what do you need to look for in wheel stands, are they really universal?

Thanks,
Nigel

·
Registered
636 Posts
some say they are universal but the exhaust does get in the way of some of the stands out there..i use a BVP rear wheel stand it works fine..and it was only 53.99..happy hunting..

·
Registered
235 Posts
motorcycle jack.gif I use a hydraulic motorcycle jack that has about a 12"x14" platform. I've used with with both the Honda exhaust and a LeoVince full system exhaust.

It takes a little fussing with a wood shim to get it to lift level but it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 910 I use a hydraulic motorcycle jack that has about a 12"x14" platform. I've used with with both the Honda exhaust and a LeoVince full system exhaust.

It takes a little fussing with a wood shim to get it to lift level but it works.
Hello kflaig,

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your bike on the hydraulic stand would you? I'm wondering if I need to take the lower plastic fairing off before I lift my bike and how to clear the exhaust pipe.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello kflaig,
...I'm wondering if I need to take the lower plastic fairing off before I lift my bike and how to clear the exhaust pipe...
You can lift one the linkage and frame that extends behind the plastic. No photo available.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i figured alot of ppl would make one like this after i posted mine.
very simple and cheap.
when i pull into the garage i have it jacked up in about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I could never get mine to balance when I used a trolley jack under the rear suspension. Did you get yours to balance?

I did pick up a super cheap motorcycle jack from Canadian Tire for like $50 on sale though, so problem solved.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dont buy the Bike Master front fork stand, to wide for the CBR250r. Had to modify the one i got, Honda said it would fit. It doesnt.
Made a swing arm stand with adjustable heights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Motorcycle Jack Mod

I posted three replies under "Shop Manual now Available" pretty much at the end. The first shows the bike on the jack and the second and third give some dimensions and show how it works. The second design needs paint and a clean-up, but it works great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
motorcycle Jack Mod

I had a motorcycle jack for my Shadow and decided to try a mod to use it on the CBR250. The jack allows lifting the entire bike for washing, maintenance and storage with the ability to move the bike around the garage, safely.

I will attach a couple of pics so you can see the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a motorcycle jack for my Shadow and decided to try a mod to use it on the CBR250. The jack allows lifting the entire bike for washing, maintenance and storage with the ability to move the bike around the garage, safely.

Rusty, what is the manufacturer and model of your motorcycle jack ? Looks like a better alternative to the Abba and Pitbull stands I'm considering. Thanks for the great pictures, very helpful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Home Depot motorcycle jack

Rusty, I found a picture at the Home Depot website that looks exactly like your motorcycle jack, at Big Red1,500 lb. Motorcycle Jack-T66751X at The Home Depot lift&storeId=10051.

For $135, what a great alternative to those expensive Abba and Pitbull front and rear jacks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tpaparsons, it is a Big Red that sells in Ontario, Canada for less than $100 when on sale. The only adjustment I made is to add the square tube as a sort of outrigger to steady the bike when it is moved or being maintained. I also cut the small link between the two safety cams so that they don't contact the 'outrigger' when in use. I posted info on the mod I made to attach to the CBR before using the jack. I think they should be under 'Shop Manual Now Available'. I will check there to see if it is still up and get back to you.

Rusty

·
Registered
19 Posts
tpaparsons, the thread is still alive and all the info can be found 4 or 5 pages into Shop Manual Now Available. It works great for washing and maintenance to say nothing of storage for 5 or so months (bummer).

Rusty

·
Registered
19 Posts
tpaparsons, all the info is on the Shop Manual thread. It works great for maintenance and storage, which for us is about 5 months (bummer).

Rusty

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rusty, I found a picture at the Home Depot website that looks exactly like your motorcycle jack, at Big Red1,500 lb. Motorcycle Jack-T66751X at The Home Depot lift&storeId=10051.

For $135, what a great alternative to those expensive Abba and Pitbull front and rear jacks.
I just came back from Lowes and found a similar type motorcycle jack for $89.98. I'm still debating on this or a rear paddock stand.
Shop Kobalt 3/4 Ton ATV/Motorcycle Jack at Lowes.com

Lowes also carry the hard to find Dupont Teflon lubricant recommended by many for chain lube.
Shop DuPont Teflon 11-oz. Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant at Lowes.com
Shop DuPont 4 Oz. Chain-Saver Lubricant at Lowes.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts