Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2013 has 4500 miles , I got the bike at 700 miles. It was a repossession . I lost the receipts he had and stuff under the seat when the bike was stollen . I just did an oil change, ever since I've got the bike it has been rather noisy and shaky sounding from the engine . It had its first oil change from what I believe is right after I got it at about 800 miles. A little late . I'm sure it didn't hurt it. Then I used royal purple 5w30 in it . I also assume it has never had the valve clearance . The bike runs fine lately it's been a little noisier . Right now it has Roetella 15w 40 and its been a few days running the thicket oil , this Saturday I'm going to do another change with motul. The bike sat for a while when it was stollen and after it was recovered . The question is should I dig into the valves tonight ? And do the valves often not come spec. It has a MGP full exhaust system . Not sure if they adjusted the valves when the exhaust was installed. Have any of you guys never checked your valves ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't mean do the valves come not in spec lol . I mean normally do they require Adjustment . I've never payed for anyone to service anything on my vehicles .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay , and for the oil changes is the Roetella 15w40 a bad oil to keep in or should I get the motul or dealer oil in asap ? Thanks Schroeder like always !

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm also working on my bike right now to do a thorough check up, including the valve check.

I just went with the OEM oil, which is Pro Honda GN4 10w40. I forgot the exact price, but a pint was pretty cheap at around $5-6, if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rotella 15/40 is JASO MA approved.....which means it is approved for motorcycles.
I get it for free from work along with penzoil , and shell. Its a Dailey ride to work so I'm not racing it even though the speed limit is 70

1 - 11 of 11 Posts