Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally riding the CBR250R with the new tail. Very pleased that after 2 years of just idling in the garage ocasionally, it came out of winter hibernation this year and the new battery fired it right off like it was yesterday. With two year old gas. I didn't log the first two tanks or my trip to Americade but my first tank of three round trips commuting came back at 95.8 mpgUS which is at least as good as it was doing before and now I have locking storage. Cross winds are a complete non issue with this little tail.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's impressive! There's a lot of work in all that and the quality of finish looks very high.
Youve now got some of the better features of a car on the back of your bike. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
To get the volume you could fill it with those foam packing peanuts, and then scoop them out into a 2 liter soda bottle with the top cut off.

So is it made using sheet aluminum? What's the weight of the box?

An idea just occurred to me for some graphics... get some black and silver sheet vinyl from a sign shop, and cut some long stripes of various widths for a toolbox/roller cabinet look. Maybe a Snap-On or Craftsman decal to complete the look. that would turn some heads. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
This is detachable, correct?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is detachable, correct?
Permanent now because of the lighting and the additional storage that sneaks down behind the rear wheel. I have all of the parts to put it back but it is much more useful to me now that I have locking storage big enough to travel cross country with or hold my gear if I want to go to the gym after work. I used to have to take the car on those days. It comes on and off for servicing with 6 nuts and a trailer lighting plug.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sendler- I always wondered how you got your MPG number of 90+ (US). Now you're up to 95...
Question: the flat back panel is sacrificing some aerodynamics compared to other Corbin / Vetter slipstream tails, would you agree? Its good to have a place for lights and a plate, though.
Anyone else think about an enclosed slipstreamer based on the CBR, just to do it?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Keep us posted Sendler. Be safe my friend :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts