Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding a stock 2011 CBR250 that did 5000km overall.

While riding at 6k-7k rpm which is around 90kph or 110kph (depends on 5th or 6th gear), I start to feel the handlebars vibrating. It feels like I'm holding two giant high power vibrators - very uncomfortable for the palms.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I tried searching and found nothing.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Different grips or different bar end weights will help that, no doubt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different grips or different bar end weights will help that, no doubt.
By saying that, I guess you mean that I'm not the only one experiencing that. Why would Honda produce a bike requiring the end weights to be replaced in order to work properly?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Work fine for me... every rider's sensitivity to vibration is different. That's one reason why there are aftermarket parts on the market.

Are you also sure you're not clamping down on the grips?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had $10 gel grips installed and have not had any hand strain or vibration since then. "Work properly" is relative to your tolerance - does the stock seat not work properly because my ass hurts after 3 hours lol? Etc

I think we got alot for what we paid - just throw the gel ones on and you'll be good man.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I took out my bar end weights for mirrors. I only have a small handlebar vibration now. I am going to put on gel grips to get rid of the little vibration.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Don't grip so hard, move your fingers some, and get a throttle holder of some sort. You will find out you can go all day without any numbness.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yep as others have said, you are hanging on with a death grip, causes arm pump too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cramp buster and foam grips for the win. I like the feel of something substantial in my hand, makes me feel better about my wrist control ;).

All kidding aside, the foam grips help nicely at that 6000rpm buzz and to remove the after ride vibez. The cramp buster is great for $10, allows you to really move your fingers and relax when needed, while gaining a better ability to control throttle(bigger diameter grips help that also).

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Alot of dirtbike riders make the same mistake, they buy bigger grips with only makes it worse.

'Handlebars are an input control' - Keith Code

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep as others have said, you are hanging on with a death grip, causes arm pump too.
Might very well be, I'm a beginner. However, you can see that I'm not the only one experiencing that. Most people in this thread say they feel the same thing, how about you?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Might very well be, I'm a beginner. However, you can see that I'm not the only one experiencing that. Most people in this thread say they feel the same thing, how about you?
I touch the bars with the slightest delicate input, (even on a dirtbike)
The other people who are complaining are not doing this as they have not learnt.

Your rider training instructors will teach you to relax completely on the bars.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
To paraphrase the advice once bestowed upon me...

"Do you think that's a hand-hold you have there? Do you think you need to hold them up otherwise the bike should fall? NO! THOSE ARE EGGSHELLS, HOLD THEM GENTLY! DO NOT CRUSH!"

That said, some people are just more sensitive to vibrations than others. If changing the hardware and the technique isn't the OP's cup of tea, then perhaps riding in a different RPM band will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If you are still experiencing vibration after adjusting your grip strength, you can try adding lead shot inside the bars to dampen vibration and change the vibration frequency.

It has helped on a previous cycle that had a high frequency vibration that would make my fingers tingle after less than an hour on the hwy.

Jay

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure you're grabbing the tank with your knee's and heel guards with heels, as this will help relieve the pressure you feel to "hold on".

I wouldn't say the vibe on this bike is bad, but when you're going to be on the bike at a constant 7k+ rpm cruising/commuting, i want my hands comfortable. Than again, I have problems with arthritis and I'll never stop riding, so I'll take the pain, just try to minimize it so I can maximize ride time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How is your front tire looking? Is the wear even?

I had a Honda ruckus with the knobby tread tires. After 6000 miles the tread was all over the place. Still plenty of it, but super uneven. The only time it didn't vibrate was on corners/ bends.

Might wanna try dyna beads. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 47 Posts