Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am a little confused as to whom your post is directed to.
If it was to me, I have no problem with my bar end gaps.
My pics were only to show Clarko21 what acceptable gaps
might look like.
Not specifically directed to anyone. Sorry if i gave that impression. i just wanted to reinforce the safety aspect. In my case the bar end was free to rotate. I never noticed any drag on the throttle, or it hanging open, but it could happen to someone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Went to the dealer and they weren't much help. They said that they all vary and that the gap is normal. They said they couldn't comment on the vibration without riding it and taking a look at the bar, which I'm a bit apprehensive about as its a $90 an hour service charge so i'd prefer to try and fix it myself. Sigh…

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know that I am going to be criticized, reprimanded, and maybe, run out
of town on a rail, but.

Maybe it is time to use the ultimate, universal tool that is used to fix any
problem.

A HAMMER

Preferably a rubber or rawhide mallet, and gently tap the bar end in. I
know it sounds horrible, but it might pop into place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know that I am going to be criticized, reprimanded, and maybe, run out
of town on a rail, but.

Maybe it is time to use the ultimate, universal tool that is used to fix any
problem.

A HAMMER

Preferably a rubber or rawhide mallet, and gently tap the bar end in. I
know it sounds horrible, but it might pop into place.
I have a rubber mallet so I can try that. What would you hit it with a flat head screwdriver? Btw I got the owners manual so I could theoretically take the thing apart, it just seems a big undertaking if it is not the thing at fault. Im just wondering if it IS the internal bar end thats the problem then why is the vibration not confined to the left clip on... The right one seems to have a normal sized gap.

Its also just so odd to me that with bar ends the vibration peaks at 3000 RPM, but without it peaks at 6000 RPM and above. I just tested both bar ends on and off with the bike stationary and its so noticeable the peak in vibration.

Also FYI I changed the engine oil yesterday hoping that some of the buzz might be from the engine but its still the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Update I think I misunderstood your post, I hit mallet against a large allen key and banged the weight further into the bar, which now means the flange is not sitting on the lip of the bar. I have an uncanny ability to make my bike worse everytime I try and fix it.

I then correctly realized what you meant (I think) and just hit the bar with the mallet but it didn't really move further into the grip. I think the buzz went down a tiny bit but now peaks at 3500-4000 RPM.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so I just installed Shogun Bar End Sliders and I guess they don't weigh as much as the stock one does. Now I have this same vibration issue in the handles. Will see maybe I'll get use to it. But, I didn't know those little things help keep the handle from shaking.

It's my first bike lesson learned. =D

·
Registered
175 Posts
The bar end weights should not be pushed in so far that they touch the bars....that will defeat the way they work. There is a metal shaft inside the handlebar that is isolated from the bars by rubber doughnuts. The bar end weight screws into that and adds mass. That dampens the vibrations in the bars
Try Checking your muffler and exhaust bolts for tightness and also the engine mounts.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts