Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at the dealer i ordered my new 250 from and they told me orders from dealers were 4 times greater than production. There not sure how many they will actually qet. WOW is there a demand for this new model. I think this is going to be a home run for honda.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aww man. Dont tell me that. Should I go and place a deposit on it? Does that even guarantee an April allocation? I work for a car dealer and I hope they're not jerking your chain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah i am surprised that they had that many orders.

Maybe there just holding you deposit and making you buy the bike until enough stock is shipped. Yeah did he tell you if your getting it within the April release window? or have to wait till another shipment comes in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Considering the 250 has been a hot seller for Honda and it hasnt been sold in North America ever until the 2011 model. I'm sure the demand will be pretty high. I'd put in a deposit as soon as you can if you really want one. Otherwise be prepared to wait.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm #1 on the list of a local dealer. They didn't even ask me for a deposit. Score! It really depends where you go. These folks even decided to waive the Prep/Assembly and Frieght fee. I dont think all will be like this though. Another dealer I called wanted a $1,000 deposit. That is ridiculous.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm #1 on the list of a local dealer. They didn't even ask me for a deposit. Score! It really depends where you go. These folks even decided to waive the Prep/Assembly and Frieght fee. I dont think all will be like this though. Another dealer I called wanted a $1,000 deposit. That is ridiculous.
Wow dude your dealer must love you!

Ive never herd such a great offer, zero deposit, and lifting fee's already.
care to share where your dealer is?
haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
$1000 deposit on a bike that doesn't really cost that much is a big joke. I'd laugh at the dealership if they told me that. At most I'd put a $500 deposit. But it looks like you got really lucky with your dealer anyway. Hopefully they continue to keep giving you great customer service throughout the life of your bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I only had to put down $100 to hold a Black one at my local dealer. Was quoted $3,999 (well, he asked me if I knew how much it was and I gave him that figure. He said "Yep.") I didn't ask about setup & freight. If they end up wanting too much for that I'll just take my deposit and walk.
I got my last bike from them about 6 years ago. One of their parts guys is also a childhood friend of mine.

Now, the waiting is the hardest part.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow dude your dealer must love you!

Ive never herd such a great offer, zero deposit, and lifting fee's already.
care to share where your dealer is?
haha

I don't know why they would...LOL I've never actually been there. I'll just say its in Central Florida. There's only 4 of them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
$1000 deposit on a bike that doesn't really cost that much is a big joke. I'd laugh at the dealership if they told me that. At most I'd put a $500 deposit. But it looks like you got really lucky with your dealer anyway. Hopefully they continue to keep giving you great customer service throughout the life of your bike.
I agree. Most car dealerships only ask for about $500. Putting down 25% is pretty laughable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i got my delivery/freight fee waiverd. military sales tax-free too, paying 4,059 out the door. No deposit, but he took my credit card info as a good faith measure.

·
Registered
29 Posts

The dealer I bought mine from originally wanted a $1000 deposit. I told him no way, but I didn't mind doing a $600. Still having to wait about a month and a half to get it though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got my delivery/freight fee waiverd. military sales tax-free too, paying 4,059 out the door. No deposit, but he took my credit card info as a good faith measure.

Now that is a score! I got mine for $4525 otd.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from originally wanted a $1000 deposit. I told him no way, but I didn't mind doing a $600. Still having to wait about a month and a half to get it though.
Did they specifically tell you the middle of May? They're either being super realistic or under promising so they can over deliver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a $100 deposit on a black one yesterday at my local dealership. At this time, I am second in line but they are going to call me when the first bike comes in so I can go sit on it and see how it feels. I also got quoted $4,525 otd but maybe they can throw in a helmet.. (hopeful thinking). They also told me that since they are a Powerhouse (Honda exclusive dealer) that they are expecting their first bike mid April which is about a week before other dealers will get them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did they specifically tell you the middle of May? They're either being super realistic or under promising so they can over deliver.

They originally told me first to mid April when I walked in the door. However, the dealer got a phone call while I was there and came back and said it wouldnt be in until the first week of May or so. I'd be thrilled if it came in sooner, but I guess it's just a waiting game right now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow if these things you guys saying or true, i should really go by my local dealer soon and check out the availability of this bike.... Even so 1000 down is a fairly steep price to pay for a down payment on a bike thats valued at 4000

·
Registered
69 Posts

Seriously, that includes your title/registration/etc fees?
I was quoted in the 4600 region- which is MSRP + Tax, title, registration, Sales tax and state tax. (Utah)
I was also told a $500 deposit on the phone, then in person they said I could do $200. My guess is just to make sure I am serious about the bike.
The dealer told me the bikes should be in at the "end of March, beginning of April". I am apprehensive about this dealer being a over promise/under deliver- but since nobody currently has the bikes in there is no harm in having my name on a list first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
anywhere between 4000-4800 seems like an alright price range to pay for it.

Seems to be that the dealers are giving some offers and some are not, i guess just shop around to as many dealers as possible and then start haggling!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts