Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding the CRF while waiting for shims.

·
Registered
593 Posts
What's the valve adjustment schedule on the 500?

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every 16K miles. I did it at almost 15K (14924) and all eight valves were at or slightly below the minimum clearance. So I am dropping everything two shim sizes (0.05 mm) in hopes that they will still be in spec at the next inspection.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If I'd have known, I'd have sold you the ones you needed out of my kits. Just bought a big kit and with the change intervals on this bike, I'll never use them all. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't meant to sound harsh, but, I really want to only install OEM shims.

Reactions: Stichill

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This isn't meant to sound harsh, but, I really want to only install OEM shims.
They are Hot Cams shims. Been around forever; the quality is fine. Yes, some rarities are slightly different machined thicknesses than reported, but that's why you ALWAYS mic shims before you install, regardless as to where you got them. Just an FYI, 2 of my factory shims that came in the bike were 0.01" off at my valve adjustment....so make sure to put the micrometer to them.

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will, they should arrive tomorrow. I wound up ordering on-line and adding a left footrest rubber as well. I think the footrest rubber pad held it up a couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Life happened in the meantime, but everything is finished now.

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will admit that I mainly use facebook to keep up with what the grandkids are doing. I have never looked for a forum facebook page. I suspect that I'm a curmudgeon.;)

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are the photos done in by Photobucket (now stored with imgur):

1 - 13 of 13 Posts