Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to wait for the US release of the 2012 CBR250R and wait a month after that to see any main issues and if they fixed the 5k RPM rattle and the little bugs with the 2011 already got the 6 grand in my savings for it whenever I get to ordering it! by the way the 5k rattle is due to freeplay in the rocker arms just in case you have that problem! Also plan on getting a 15Tooth and 36 or 35(if possible) front and rear sprocket as for it will be used on the highway it should drop the RPM's at 70 - 75 from 6800 to 5900 or so! Better MPG's I hope, also a slip on exaust for it and i'll be good to go... I'll let you guys know when I do it in the next few months, anyone even know when the 2012 bike is coming out? I hear they listed the prices!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a deposit on one and right now they are telling me April.
That's fine I spoke with the dealership I got my dirtbike from and they said they can get them within 2 - 3 weeks if I order with them and pay a 100$ fee

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Same model, just the build date will say 2012, about 3 months to come thru.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That stated cause is based upon what observation?
From mine and the mechanic at my dealer when I asked him that question he said they sold 3 bikes and all 3 came back with that issue they were confused as to what was causing it and later found out that was the problem with all 3 bikes and I've also seen that it was a fix on other peoples bikes on the internet aswell.. HOWEVER it could be something else.. That is just what I've been told many times!

·
Registered
426 Posts
From mine and the mechanic at my dealer when I asked him that question he said they sold 3 bikes and all 3 came back with that issue they were confused as to what was causing it and later found out that was the problem with all 3 bikes and I've also seen that it was a fix on other peoples bikes on the internet aswell.. HOWEVER it could be something else.. That is just what I've been told many times!

if this is the cause. what can can be done by the mechanics to repair this? Was it a warranty repair?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Califronia (Bay Area) and have a deposit down on a red 2012. Dealer says within a couple of weeks. However, other ones in the area say late February to early March....

·
Registered
501 Posts
This would be useful information to repeat in the rattle thread. Also, PM sent to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all! I have also just put an order in for a black CBR250R. I can't believe that I have to wait 2 months or more to ride it! Lousy winters...

It's my first bike, and after looking at the Ninja 250s for a long time, I eventually decided that the CBR250 would be a much better option for me, especially since it seems to have much more modern technology on board.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi all! I have also just put an order in for a black CBR250R. I can't believe that I have to wait 2 months or more to ride it! Lousy winters...

It's my first bike, and after looking at the Ninja 250s for a long time, I eventually decided that the CBR250 would be a much better option for me, especially since it seems to have much more modern technology on board.
I live in michigan and I to hate winter. Would be so much nicer if we could ride all year long. I also have the black model. I didnt go with the ninga because its still carburated booooo The Honda was the better choice

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in michigan and I to hate winter. Would be so much nicer if we could ride all year long. I also have the black model. I didnt go with the ninga because its still carburated booooo The Honda was the better choice
Sorry to be negative but I wish my CBR had carbs, might stop the bloody thing stalling frequently. Technology is not always a good thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it's stalling, it's because you have a fault. There's much less chance of a FI engine stalling than a carbonated one, especially when cold.
Exactly my point, if it was a carb it could be easily rectified but up to this point Honda can't fix the injection system to stop the stalling.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Exactly my point, if it was a carb it could be easily rectified but up to this point Honda can't fix the injection system to stop the stalling.
Ah, sorry, I didn't realise that you'd taken it back to Honda, and they couldn't fix it. All I can suggest is that you keep taking it back, and keep complaining until it is fixed. This should be covered under warranty.

PS I've just read your previous posts on this problem, and watched the vid. I feel for ya mate. It's definitely a fault though, and Honda should recognise that, especially with the evidence you have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, sorry, I didn't realise that you'd taken it back to Honda, and they couldn't fix it. All I can suggest is that you keep taking it back, and keep complaining until it is fixed. This should be covered under warranty.

PS I've just read your previous posts on this problem, and watched the vid. I feel for ya mate. It's definitely a fault though, and Honda should recognise that, especially with the evidence you have.
Cheers Wynne, yes it is very frustrating. Going in for 1st service soon, I'll ask them to reset the ECU and then see how it goes. If that fails then I will just sell the bike and buy something else. Very very disappointed with Honda.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Cheers Wynne, yes it is very frustrating. Going in for 1st service soon, I'll ask them to reset the ECU and then see how it goes. If that fails then I will just sell the bike and buy something else. Very very disappointed with Honda.
If you don't get anywhere with your local dealer, it may be worth writing a letter or email to someone much higher up at Honda, telling them your frustration, and see if that helps. It may be worth mentioning to your local dealer, if they can't fix it, that this is what you're going to do. Just tell them that it's not unreasonable to expect a brand new bike to work properly, or be fixed in a timely manner. If they can't do this, you want a replacement bike, or your money back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts