Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow, simply WOW.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he must have made a pact with the devil for that kind of wet handling skill.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
WOW! Fishtailing, hydroplaning and in control all the time. Didn't know I could hold my breath for 3min 35sec until I exhaled:eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like a good demonstration of current technology: ABS, traction control and rain tires. Not to take anything away from this guy's skill. He's obviously pushing his bike to the absolute limits. Amazing!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Excellent video. Fearless and confident rider. Makes it obvious how much they rely on drifting the rear out to enter and drive the bike around a corner which they are doing in the dry as well. Just not as wiggly so you don't see it. You can also see by the front suspension dive that brake force in the wet is still very high as long as you start with the bike straight up which is what I have noticed even with the stock tires on my CBR250R. Other riders tell me I am crazy to ride in the rain as much as I do but I don't find that much difference in the front brake traction.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Troy Bayliss was impressed sitting in the Ducati test garage at the end.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Other riders tell me I am crazy to ride in the rain as much as I do but I don't find that much difference in the front brake traction.
Take it real easy when it first starts to rain as oil and antifreeze sit on top of the water. Wait until all that crap has been washed away. Clean wet pavement is indeed a lot of fun.:D I find it best to use some back brake as well, probably the only time use it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had the tire start to slip out on a turn one time and that was enough for me... this dude has balls.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Doable on a track where an experienced rider knows the bike, and the tyres, and the surface is reasonably consistent and known. Those who take to the track after off-road experience often adapt ok to wet tracks, albeit at higher speed.

On the road no one should be anywhere near sliding around like that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had the tire start to slip out on a turn one time and that was enough for me... this dude has balls.
me to and it scared the **** out of me.
i actually saw the oil droplets going into the off ramp/like it does on water
with the sheen.i never/try not to ride in wet weather:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts