Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone in NSW has done their P-Plates and could help me, I want to take my test for the P-Plate for NSW soon. I've clocked about 2000kms on my L-Plates over 5 months. I feel confident out on the road but I know I could improve my skills much much further. A few questions:

Is 5 months too soon to take the test?
Is the test easy?
Is it true you can skip the Green-P plate? A rider told me I could(I don't have a full drivers license and will be over 25 by then.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Macca just did his P's so he should be able to help u out
The test details should be on the RTA website I've been practicing and it seems pretty easy
And I think the rule states over 25 with a full licence and u skip ur green P's

·
Registered
319 Posts
Where in NSW are you?

I joined te net rider blokes for a training day, where they set up the course for you to learn in a carpark at homebush.

I did the p's after 2 months riding, and no other bike experence, but I have clocked around 3000kms in that time.

To skip your green P's you do infact need to be over 25 AND!!!! have a full car license.

The test is not too hard, they let you practice before hand, Its all slow speed work so get used to doing slow tight U turns.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, gotta practice some slow speed u-turns, they can be tricky. Ill take a test soonish; over the next week or two.

I'm in western sydney so I guess I'll do the test where I did my L's the Regatta Center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts