Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of year where most riders will put their bikes away for the winter if they haven't already. With temperatures lately in Western Washington below 30 degrees I will continue to ride.

Im looking to do a meet for everyone interested.

If you are in Western Washington please reply to the thread.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Imilatz, Hi , i hail from Anacortes, approx 75 miles north of Seattle, went riding Sunday in the rain, checking out the waterproofness of my Roadcrafter, yes it worked!, I've got almost 12k on mine in 2 yrs, Love it up to about 60-65Mph but above that my 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250 was a way better Hiway bike. I like the CBR fuel injection and low end torque, and it corners great, fuel milage is excellent, but i got up to 80 mpg with my ninja also, but the honda vibrates a lot over 65, and I'm topping out at approx 72-75mph ?? My ninja would handle 80-85 for miles on end and it wasn't maxed out , it handled the Freeway Just fine, By the way Im not a large guy 5'7" 160# Ive made 2 trips to Spokane on it and several trips to Winthrop/Twisp But freeway was not as relaxing as the Ninja, Maybe I need an early valve adjustment/ tune up? Rambling, Enjoy your rides 2012 Red / Silver

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I top my bike out at about 95 mph, and love it . I will be riding east , toward grand coulee dam this summer .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want to derail this threat but that doesn't sound normal to me. Mine tops out at approx. 85mph with me sitting normally and not tucked. I also have no issues with vibration.:|
Yeah its not a good sign. Mine has very slight vibration at high speed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks guys, I bought the bike with 350 miles on it, Ive put almost 12,000 since, but it has always vibrated and when i mentioned it to the dealer up here in Skagit county, at my first service (600 miles) I was told "Thats normal, its a single" Ive kept up on chain tightness, and the only mods I've done are putting the stock pipe back on, and upping the front sprocket to a 15 tooth. My last trip to Spokane, i averaged 73-76 mpg, that parts great, the vibration and lack of top end has always been my major gripe, Im too old to be laying on a bike to get it to 70 , besides honestly, it looks downright stupid and it hurts my neck :) not to mention gives the bike a negative image, if you have to ride like that to ride on the Freeway, then you must need something bigger. i didn't have this problem with the Ninja 250 (2002) Up to 5000rpm its not bad, above that to keep up with traffic I have to twist it wide open and it vibrates like crazy,I love a lot of the features of this bike but when it won't keep up the posted speed limit (70) without abusing me and making riding no fun, i have to ask, what is going on? sorry for the rant, Ive tried very hard to like this bike but I doesn't seem to want to like me back, Haha

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Maybe some of those mechanics should test ride it. On my bike I get a power surge at roughly 6.500rpm and the engine really starts to live up without making too much vibration. Do you have any other CBR 250 riders in your area? Would be good to let one of them test ride your bike for comparison.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks Schroeder, I rarely see another CBR 250, when I do its usually going the other way or I'm in my car, going the other way, but will keep looking, thanks for the input

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you know who would be taking care of the riders here on the Eastern side of the state? I am down in the southeastern part in the small town of Prosser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts