Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to clean/wash my bike for the first time. Gorgeous blue sky day today. Can anyone suggest a wax they use and are happy with it? Also a product to use on all the "plastic" areas and seat? :D. Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Since I keep mine clean (often times cleaning it twice a week) I just use a microfiber and Meguiars detailing spray. Occasionally I'll wax it with Gold Class Wax from them as well. Of all the waxes I've used it's been way ahead of the rest, even more so on black.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use trim shine on all of the plastic peices. All-Clear on the windscreen,headlight, turn signals, and brakelight. I use a wax that is no longer made anymore: Its purely wax and has no cleaners in it and makes it shine like its newer than new. Seems like meguiars and those brands just have too much other crap in them... IMO. I used to detail cars as a job so I have used quite a few different products.. Also look for stuff that has "Carnuba Wax" in it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use trim shine on all of the plastic peices. All-Clear on the windscreen,headlight, turn signals, and brakelight. I use a wax that is no longer made anymore: Its purely wax and has no cleaners in it and makes it shine like its newer than new. Seems like meguiars and those brands just have too much other crap in them... IMO. I used to detail cars as a job so I have used quite a few different products.. Also look for stuff that has "Carnuba Wax" in it.
Meguiars Gold Class and well most of the waxes have that. With new waxes its best to find out which wax works best with what color. Gold Class is amazing for black. It does alright for silver too but it's not as noticeable.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Depends on which ones you use. The over the counter stuff is made for people who don't take care of their paint. That's why I usually only recommend the professional quality stuff. The Meguiar's pro line is second to none IMO.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Rain water is best.

Do a rain dance, then wait.

Give it death through the puddles when the downpour comes.

I have seldom used anything other than rain water, unless I have been hooning around the beach, and gone through a bit of sea water. Then I resort to a squirt of tap water, if I have not found a fresh water stream to ride through on the way home.

Don't forget to lube the chain to restore the oil spattered finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts