Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an Icon Urban magnetic tank bag yesterday upon reading good reviews on it on the forum. I am a little concerned about getting scratches on the tank when removing it or putting it back on. I ve read to close the flaps upon removed and not to place it on the ground. Has anyone applied the clear 3m protective wrap to their tanks to assist in protecting them from scratches and damage?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tank bag Came in, looks good but smaller than I thought it would be. Put my hat on there for size comparison. But aftter inspecting the bag I don’t think I’ll have to worry about scratches

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I picked up a transparent tank cover from a now defunct company called Tank Slapper. It's a polymer of some kind that is attached by spraying a mixture of water and vinegar on the tank and then using a small squeegee to push out the air bubbles so it has a liquid seal. It's transparent, and you really have to look at it closely to even see it on the tank.

From what I can see, there are a bunch of companies making similar products out of 3M Scotchcal material, often described as paint protectors. That's the best way to protect your tank, and my set was under $25 Cdn including shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts