Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to let you know this is my first bike ever and I was told a 250 is where everyone should start at. I did alot of research and it was the ninja or the cbr for me. It being a honda and FI sold it for me. Anyone else around the DFW area that has a cbr250, hit me up so we can ride sometimes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy!

I'm down in Houston and working on getting a new CBR250. Any Suggestions for a fellow Texan?
You'll love the CBR, cuz of all the city driving you'll do but I know houston highways can get kinda crazy for the 250. Not because its a highway but because of the drivers lol. You'll enjoy, it'll teach you something everyday, then in about 3 weeks you'll feel like you can jump up to a 600, but then that 250 would teach you something else and then you be reminded on why you love ur 250 so much lol. Plus im gettin 75+mpg another + you would enjoy. I dont know how it is down there but we have these red light sensors that are built into the ground at redlights that senses the weight of vehicles on top of it so then it would put you next in line for a green light, well my bike doesnt trip that sensor at alot of places around my town, so I would sit at lights for about 3cycles then decided to make a u turn or turn somewhere else if I could, its very annoying but then you'll learn which lights would work for you. Or you can always make sure you're not first at a light lol. It usually only affects me when im in a turning lane with a sensor. You'll know what I mean:). And be prepared to spit out $255 for your first service after 500miles, dont let that catch you by surprise. I spent exactly $415 on my 2brothers exhaust, $135 on my rear seat cowl. Just some info so they dont overcharge you. And $3,999 for the bike. Id love to come down there and ride with ya but its a long trip ya know lol. Happy Riding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info man. I'll actually be up in college station for awhile pretty soon. So we'll see if thats an easier drive...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts