Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With some excellent weather forecasted for the Chicagoland area, I'm making my riding plans for the weekend.

A lot depends upon my wife's work schedule and desire to ride this evening. If I'm on my own, I'll cut out of work at about 3:00, gear up and head north to Wisconsin, probably to the Lake Geneva, WI area and grab a taco or 7 from Lopez's Anchor In. and then back to the house. If she wants to ride, then a closer destination will have to be found.

Tomorrow? Maybe we'll go out for a breakfast run and head northwest out of the city toward the Chain of Lakes area via Gilmer Rd. which is a really pretty ride.

II'll re-post once those plans get finalized, but I'd like to know what rides other people have planned. Post it here. Maybe some of the plans will evolve into group rides/meet ups. Who knows? Ride On.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Lake Geneva is always a great ride. Hit Huntley and go West thru farm country, lots of back roads and no cars.

·
1,305 Posts
Since i actually have a day off from little league baseball on sunday
*fist pumps like champ*

i think i'm gonna ride down to seal beach and ride PCH to newport beach
nice little 70 mile round trip.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Nice!

Was thinking of doing the Si Sawat Loop in Kanchanaburi. But fancy a weekend of lazing around the house, cooking, drinking etc.

So maybe next weekend instead.

·
Registered
636 Posts
definately..the weather is sunny and clear, taking the ceebee out for a run maybe up to lake erie on saturday, cant wait..

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lake Geneva is always a great ride. Hit Huntley and go West thru farm country, lots of back roads and no cars.
I was thinking of Rt. 14 all the way into, well basically all the way to Delavan, going through Woodstock and Harvard, but I don't know much about the quality of the ride route between about Palatine and Woodstock. Maybe I should take 62 (Algonquin) or 72 (Higgins)? What do you think? Basically, I'd like to get away from Chicago traffic ASAP without hitting the interstates.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since i actually have a day off from little league baseball on sunday
*fist pumps like champ*

i think i'm gonna ride down to seal beach and ride PCH to newport beach
nice little 70 mile round trip.
What a ride that could be! Plenty of nice places to ride here in the heartland, but that coastal ride must be awesome. Take some pics and report back. (I coached little league for 6 summers. Loved it, but I'm glad my son decided on football, track, and music for HS..much more free time now a days)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice!

Was thinking of doing the Si Sawat Loop in Kanchanaburi. But fancy a weekend of lazing around the house, cooking, drinking etc.

So maybe next weekend instead.

Looks twisty. Not sure I could handle it yet. I can't tell the distance either (and I'm too lazy to convert from Km to miles at this point). Enjoy your weekend whether or not it includes this trip.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Etiainen is meeting me at my house at 9am tomorrow and I'm gonna take him out through the twisty backroads up here for a nice 3+ hour ride. Then sunday I'm taking the basic rider course 2 from 9am-3pm so I'll be on my bike all weekend!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made a taco run to Wisconsin. My wife didn't want to go :( Had a great time anyway. Took a while to get out of Chicago traffic, but made it up to Delavan before Anchor In closed. Had 3 fish tacos and a tall glass of water and headed back home. about 150 miles total. Helmet speckled with bugs. A few pics (nothing dramatic) to follow. First trip to Wisconsin, first time riding any real distance at night, oh, and first ride with the official "M" on my license. Pretty awesome Friday. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I get 32 miles in round trip for work. Does that count?!? :) Meanwhile the hubs is out joyriding.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ Riding to work counts. Joy riding counts x 100

1 - 16 of 16 Posts