Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Forum usage problem! I hope, it is not too off topic!)

And tell me, whom's profile page will open on your click, please.
I'm wondering, if it's only from my location, that a click on CBR-250-R is redirecting to a different user, in here. A member with 0 posts and no activity for 1 1/2 years
And because it's from my computer, as well as from my phone, but the admin, I asked about, isn't responding in any way, it might be have something to do with weird trying of controlling the Thai Internet. It happens, every now and then, so I give it a "maybe'!
Thanks for clearifying this for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
(Forum usage problem! I hope, it is not too off topic!)

And tell me, whom's profile page will open on your click, please.
I'm wondering, if it's only from my location, that a click on CBR-250-R is redirecting to a different user, in here. A member with 0 posts and no activity for 1 1/2 years
And because it's from my computer, as well as from my phone, but the admin, I asked about, isn't responding in any way, it might be have something to do with weird trying of controlling the Thai Internet. It happens, every now and then, so I give it a "maybe'!
Thanks for clearifying this for me.
The Administrator will be back on the site on Monday... meanwhile, I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum where the Administrator will see it, and can look into the issue.

From a technical/software standpoint, I don't know why clicking on your username redirects to that other user's profile, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that your username is kind of generic as far as this website goes.

~ Mike

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'd bet that its not reading the - correctly.

I'd also bet that - shouldn't be enabled in names.

But then again, who knows.. Its the only thing that seems plausible and I remember on my forums I had to disable usernames with - and rename users with it.

Someone like MM can easily test if this is the case by creating a new user named Moto-Mike and seeing if it'll redirect to MotoMike, which if what I'm thinking is true, it will.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
mm and arrethul points seem obvious, google software recognises
cbr?250!r, CBR 250 R, CBr/250> r etc, as CBR250R..

still,, it could be, a thai govt conspiracy,, who knows...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

still,, it could be, a thai govt conspiracy,, who knows...
Na, I tried to go around.
Without success.
And that wouldn't happen, if there was a Thai-censor in the way!
:D
All blocks, in the Thai internet, are workaroundable!
:rolleyes:

And thanks Motomike, for moving it to this support forum. Haven't seen it before!
And almost didn't find it.
Because I need to click on my name in a post, I wrote, at time, to get to 'find more posts of me'

Very interested, to hear, what's the reason.

·
Registered
601 Posts
it took me to another member also

'11CBR250r

·
Administrator
249 Posts
Na, I tried to go around.
Without success.
And that wouldn't happen, if there was a Thai-censor in the way!
:D
All blocks, in the Thai internet, are workaroundable!
:rolleyes:

And thanks Motomike, for moving it to this support forum. Haven't seen it before!
And almost didn't find it.
Because I need to click on my name in a post, I wrote, at time, to get to 'find more posts of me'

Very interested, to hear, what's the reason.

Hi,

It took me to CBR-250-R Is that correct?

Are you still being redirected somewhere else but there?

-Marie
community support

1 - 13 of 13 Posts