Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This issue is now resolved after I got the cylinder head of the motorcycle replaced. Although it cost a lot but I am happy that I have finally got rid of that nasty sound and hoping that it keeps running fine now. Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This issue is now resolved after I got the cylinder head of the motorcycle replaced. Although it cost a lot but I am happy that I have finally got rid of that nasty sound and hoping that it keeps running fine now. Thanks for all your help guys.
Hello, sorry for bumping so old a post, but can you please tell us the costs you had the bear and Honda's stance on this?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, sorry for bumping so old a post, but can you please tell us the costs you had the bear and Honda's stance on this?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
If you were to replace the entire cylinder head, it would only cost roughly $500 for parts and labor .

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the looks of it, it seems as though the head has been starved off of oil. From the pictures, the metal to metal contact has almost eaten the mating surfaces. Honda, if you're under warranty, will claim for what's repairable or replaceable. But, considering the age of the bike, the condition that it was in, all comes to play. So, Honda won't have a big say on this, probably give you the guidance on the SVC to get the job done well. But, you just never know, they can do anything out of goodwill with a surprise.

But, if you're paying for it, doubly make sure the shim clearances, the oil galleries are all cleaned before installation, especially, the oil galleys to the head. It clearly seems to me of oil starvation to the head, due to clogged head oil pathways. So, make sure you have a clear oil galleys after installing new parts. If the oil galleys are blocked, your new parts too will die pretty soon.

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
I suspect this is a mechanical issue and highly recommend not use the motorbike without repairing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts