Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 23 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
ou8jonesey - thanks for the update - at least your dealer is giving you a fairly consistent time frame. Did you see yesterday that they have bikes in Calgary? see calgary250's post. Seems the powerhouse dealer there received 24 bikes and is expecting more within the next couple of weeks. Good news for them, sucks to be here with no bike in sight... I can't believe how vague honda canada has been with respect to info. I called them on monday of this week and was told that nothing would be shipped before may 16! I'm guessing bikes are in AB before ON simply b/c of the rail shipment from Vancouver, where i assume they are being unloaded. :confused::confused: are you waiting for an ABS or non-ABS?

· Registered
100 Posts
well, Toronto likes to think it is the centre of the universe! I guess we'll see how it plays out over the next 2 weeks. This waiting game is ridiculous, as we all know. What a PR disaster for honda. It's funny how they can build some of the most sophisticated machines on the planet and yet not be able to tell us, via the dealers, what is coming on a boat from Thailand. Even canada post has a better tracking service! I am becoming more and more skeptical (read: suspicious) that HC and in turn the dealers, are being deliberately vague so as to not lose too many potential buyers to brand K. That is, perhaps their worry is that if they are straight with the consumers, they know they will lose alot of us waiting/hoping for a new ride this season. they have been clearly affected by a mix of too little production, more than expected demand, and supply issues from the homeland, yet, if i were in their shoes I'd be doing everything i could to be clear with consumers, rather than play what seems to be a wait-and-see game. It totally sucks. If i ran my business this way i'd go bankrupt!! :mad: I'm giving it 2 weeks tops, then if no clear answer (or better yet) a bike in my driveway I'm out.

· Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like a plan ! As far as kawi goes. I just noticed that they have increased their cash back deal on the 250, lowered their price on the 400 and 650 and extended the rebate offer to June 30. Something tells me their inventory may be too good! I may look into it even though I too am sold on the cbr. As my first bike I would much prefer the fi and abs to the existing k250.

1 - 3 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.