Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm with you on this one.

I think it works out cheaper to get the stock wheels powder coated.
Do you have any idea of cost of either option?

sent from my cbr250r

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm sure other people have already said this, but: frame sliders are the best 100$ you can spend on your motorcycle. It only takes 1 minor drop to crack your fairing and ruin it. And do you know how much it costs to replace a fairing? A lot. A lot more than 100$ usually.

And if you have an accident (god forbid) they can save your frame from getting bent, your handlebars from getting bent, they will save your plastic, and stop damage to the crank case.

Yeah, get frame sliders.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've been researching them and in theory, they should... but there are other things you can do like ensure you maximize your magnetic signal by driving directly over the edge of the traffic detection devices. There is a good link here: How to Trigger Green Traffic Lights (with pictures) - wikiHow When I have some excess cash, I will buy one.
Thanks, this has always frustrated me. I'm curios as to how well these techniques will work

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I put on my 44t rear sprocket today. I'm never going back.
Good stuff, decent gearing is one of the few essential mods,
most of us take the easy cheap way out and change the front but a bigger rear is preferable.

Did the 108 link chain still fit?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
@Larkin..actually, this thread is pretty useful. I learned a bit about sprockets here, for example, which I never would have thought of as a great way to increase performance. Better than a pretty exhaust, even.

Reactions: live_to_ride

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
@Larkin Spur.....a bit harsh don't you think? This thread was started to elicit others and preferably so, experienced riders suggestions. You want to be a Lone Ranger, that is your choice but ease up pls on public emasculation.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'm with larkin, surely ppl can work out what they want.

she's done it.
many of us have posted up every conceivable thing you can do to a motorcycle.

Its like the ppl that ask what bike to buy/give them the biggest boner,
or even worse those that seriously recommend others what to buy/give them the biggest boner.

And the LAST thing a new rider needs to do is waste money on their first bike that are only going to trash/devalue/sell far too early.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Aufitt.. For street use, would you recommend changing the sprocket or the exhaust, assuming you only had the budget for one of the two and assuming you aim to keep the bike for a bit? I'm getting the impression from this thread and a few others that the sprocket is the way to go.

Reactions: live_to_ride

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
She cld be nice about it, especily since she's advertising her bike mods on several threads. Such mods are exactly what she reads here,and what others have done. Bazinga!! Not so original after all perhaps?Also, this is how bike forums are helpful. Ask questions, get advice from some great ppl etc. such research helps future decisions....ie low profile mirrors.(LS).

Reactions: Rory_L

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Dont ask us! make your own decision on whats right for you. your old enough to ride a motorcycle, you dont need our opinion on things only you can figure out on your own.
I am a 5'0" 100 lb female that has been riding my 250 for less than a month. I have made all my own decisions about my bike and its modifications based on whats right for me. Theres no reason why you cant do the same!
I've been misunderstood. I don't think I asked anybody what to buy or modify but rather told what I was thinking about and asked what others are thinking about or have done. This for the sake of starting a thread and getting a discussion going.

Up until this point, I've done no mods to the bike. Next year I might . . but not right now. Aside from the sliders and the lower seat I might pass on some of the other things.

I did invest in a louder horn (that will get installed when it's not raining). That's not a performance mod but safety.

And I agree 100%. I will do what's right for me and I don't need your opinion, but for the sake of conversation I will ask for it and not make a value judgment if a suggestion or idea is not right for me. Look, I'm riding a CBR250R and having a discussion on a forum for CBR250R(and so are you).

On that, I will say I do value all of your thoughts and opinions, and find the things you've all written useful . . .

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
She cld be nice about it, especily since she's advertising her bike mods on several threads. Such mods are exactly what she reads here,and what others have done. Bazinga!! Not so original after all perhaps?Also, this is how bike forums are helpful. Ask questions, get advice from some great ppl etc. such research helps future decisions....ie low profile mirrors.(LS).
Getting back to riding after several years, I find this forum very useful. That's why I asked the questions . . .

21 - 40 of 59 Posts