Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what are you riding now and/or why are you thinking about switching to the CBR250R?

I'm currently on a CBR1000RR that I'm turning into a track bike and want something that's better suited towards my commuter duties and gets excellent gas mileage. I think the 250r will fill those needs nicely.

What about you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
CBR1000RR's are crazy bikes, a buddy of mine had one and I couldn't keep up with it in my GSXR1000.

My GSXR1000 scares me at times but it's now sold and im getting out of the sport bike scene.

I just need a commuter for the warm weather to go to work and back home so a smaller bike like the CBR250R just might be whats next for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CBR1000RR's are crazy bikes, a buddy of mine had one and I couldn't keep up with it in my GSXR1000.

My GSXR1000 scares me at times but it's now sold and im getting out of the sport bike scene.

I just need a commuter for the warm weather to go to work and back home so a smaller bike like the CBR250R just might be whats next for me.

I've ridden them all - Yam, Honda, kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW.

They all are fast out of the box.

Don't quite buy this talk about a CBR being faster than a GSXR ... what year were the bikes? What mods done to each?

Anyway the little CBR has my attention as a get-around bike. I can't even use my bike at more than quarter throttle without pulling the front wheel up. Looking at the Ninja 250 too.

Something to be said for light and peppy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As the title says, what are you riding now and/or why are you thinking about switching to the CBR250R?

I'm currently on a CBR1000RR that I'm turning into a track bike and want something that's better suited towards my commuter duties and gets excellent gas mileage. I think the 250r will fill those needs nicely.

What about you?

I do track days, but would still want my 6R for riding with buds. Like you, I don't need a Ferrari to get back and forth to work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ride a Triumph D675 and love it. Its a bummer a dealership is moving in soon. We only have 3 running around town, and they are all different colors.

Love to be unique.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Currently riding a 14 year-old Honda Dream, (185,000 km, overhauled first time at 170,000). Serves my purposes OK here in Phuket, where I have lived for the past eight years. If I was starting here again now the CBR250R would likely be the bike I would go for. As it is I will probably be gone by the end of next year. It would be nice to do some touring, but on my present budget I cannot justify the change.

When I get back home to NZ I will be in the market for a mid-sized bike for commuting, and the odd longer trip. The CBR250R fits most of my criteria (affordable, adequate power for town and moderate open road speed, reasonably economical, simple to maintain), so will be on the shortlist for sure.

In the end what I buy will depend on what is available to best serve my purposes, at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My current ride is an '82 CM450c that I finally had a nice day to ride to ride it to work the other day. The 66 mile loop burned 1.08 gallons which computes to 61 mpg. Not bad for the dual carburated 450. Also not bad for the fact I sat idling thru 2 light changes every light I came to because of traffic. It took 1.25 hours to get home (33 miles - 26.4 ave mph) I really had more fun than that sounds like.

Probably I sat idling for 35 min & rode for 50 min ave ~ 40mpg.

I soon will be doing that on a 2008 V star 250 I bought to ride while I wait out the arrival of my CBR250 ABS. The VStar should net me around 80 mpg. We'll see.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The '08 V-Star 250

This is a sweet ride while I wait for my CBR250RR ABS. I plan to keep the 250 cruiser just because it is a world different & satisfying in a different way. I liked it. Now, since I updated the gearing from 16/45 tooth sprockets to 17/38, the bike is super sweet.

It is a torquey little stroker that raising the gearing takes advantage of. Now I can cruise on the expressway 75 mph turning under 6000 rpm, returning what I know will be awesome mileage. I got 79 mpg with the old gearing. It is a lazy way to comfortably make my way to work & home again.

I'll be riding my vintage Honda in an event out of Canton, OH Sunday, as a herd of Vintage bikes will be making the cruise to Pickerton, OH to visit the bike museum. I kinda hope to get someone interested in buying the '82 CM450, cause I don't think I'll want to ride it much with a new CBR250 & the Vstar250 to pick from. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
My current bike is a "06 750 Shadow. It gets decent gas mileage and is a comfortable bike. Up until last year, I rode it year-round until it became unreliable under 40 degrees. That's why I want the 2nd bike... the CBR. Fuel injection!

It won't replace the Shadow. The Shadow holds it's own niche in my world and the CBR will have it's own.

Winning!

·
Registered
269 Posts

What about you?
what year is your 1000rr? i love the new ones. i've been thinking about getting a white one when i'm done with grad school

i've got an 07 600rr track only thanks to the thieves that totalled it last year...

·
Registered
147 Posts
OH,THE ZUMA will blow the tires off of the ruckus, trapp,just like the rugged look of the ruckus.I went to the local vinyl shop and had some monster stickers made up in italys flag colors since i have a italian bike,stuck the on the tank,both sides,tail both sides,middle of the tail.And i went to work today with my new decal covered bike,every co worker that came in during the day,come over to me and say---HOW COULD U RUIN THAT BIKE WITH THOSE DECALS,AND I GOT A FEW GUIDO REMARKS TOO,ok,ok i get the point,i came home and took off 4 of them,lol,man opinions everyone got em:(I was going to get this carbon fiber exhaust for my bike that ducati makes,but they want $3000 for it:eek:HOLY ****.so i bought decals instead

·
Registered
31 Posts
2002 Honda VFR. full luggage setup. Sargent seat. Helibars.

Now my long distance touring bike and my cbr os now my town/fun/toy bike.

Well and my soon t be girlfriends bike I guess. I may have to get myself a matching red one. It's too fun to let her ride all the time!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Took the CBR and the Sportster out tonight. Stopped for a bite and brew, bikes out everywhere.
Coming home the toe piece on the shifter fell off the Harley. Brand new freakin bike.
Had to ride with the wife on back to get a bolt so it could shift. At least the thing has no prob ridin 2 up.
Looks the the Harley will be traded in on a Shadow asap before more parts fall off.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
H-D Heritage softail, Varradaro 1000, cbr250ra. Also owned cbf 1000 but traded on the Varradaro.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts