Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what bikes have you guys owned before? Also post pics if you guys got it.

For me, I used to have a Yamaha R6 but sold that. Now looking at picking up a cbr250.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A few

A 60's something Honda Trail 90, a Hodaka 90, bored to 100, 175 Bridgestone (1st street bike), Ossa 250, Husqvarna 390, so far all before I was 16. "76 M-Star 250 (Maico-but they had to call them M-stars that time), Yamaha RD350 twin (what a rocket!), a 150 scooter, an "82 Honda CM450c that is my current ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Rode quite a few motorcycles (mainly off road types) before before I bought my first, and have ridden a wide range (50 - 1200 cc) over the years. But owned:

Honda CB 350 - New Zealand, '74 - '76 while a student; after a crash the tyre wear suggested the frame was not right, so quit it.

Honda CB 350 - NZ, '76 - '78; oil seal failed, engine seized (at about 110 km/h!!!)

Suzuki TS 185 - NZ '78 - '85. Didn't want to hang around waiting for parts to repair the CB 350; this was the only second hand bike available in the small town, so took it. A lot of electrical problems, but once I got that sorted it was reliable enough. Sat in a shed for two years while I was abroad; started ok when I got back. Sold to a wrecker after a second stint abroad.

Honda S90 - Thailand '81/'82, not really mine, but provided by government for me to use for my job. Already about 10 years old, it was not reliable, but I had some good rides off sealed roads when it did go.

Yamaha A100 - Thailand '83/'84; again provided by government, but I wheeled it out of the shop and used it exclusively till I left. Seized the motor once, but continued after the engine had cooled. Was still in use when I visited again 12 years later.

Honda MB 100 - NZ, bought in 1985 when student again, still own it, but currently used by some young fellows to hack around the hills in NZ. First bike I used for 100,000 km.

Yamaha 100 RXS - England, early 90's for a year and a bit; stolen

Honda CB 250 RS - England, mid 90's for several years. 10 years old and 50,000 miles (80,000 km) on the clock when I bought it. Did 25,000 miles (40,000 km) including trips around UK, Ireland , and Europe before it too was stolen.

Honda Dream 100 - Thailand, bought in 2003, 5 years old ex rental, with 80,000 km on the clock. Now 185,000 km, so the second bike I have used for 100,000 km.

Fronted for the ex-girlfriend's Honda Dream, paid off the balance of her father's Honda Wave, "loaned" her friend money for another Honda Dream.... but lets not go there!

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is my first motorbike. I've owned several road and mountain bikes, as i do quite a bit of cycling. I almost bought a ninja 250r, but given the FI and ABS for the same price here in Canada ($4999 CDN) it was a no brainer, even if the ninja has a bit more HP further up the tach. From what I have seen, nearly all the bike magazines and reviews have voted in favour of the cbr over the ninja, with the exception of motorcycleusa's review. The most glowing review was done here in Canada by cycle canada - it is available on-line if you are interested in seeing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts