Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just got my CBR 250R last wednesday and im very very happy with it, Love it! :)

However we had some Bad weather the last dass and so I Want to lube my chain.

What lube is good? Just any chain Oil spray or is there something special?
What do they use at the Dealer when servicing the CBR?

Is there anything to do wrong?

Regards Daniel

·
745 Posts
I like the castrol chain wax. Keep in mind that the o-ring chains are internally lubed, so what you'e putting on is for the outside of the rollers and sprockets and to prevent rust. There are a number of good products on the market.

The trick is to clean, but not overclean, the chain. Some people use WD-40 on a rag, others use a mild degreaser. Best time to do it is after a ride but ~8 hours before your next one.

In a previous life I used to soak (old, non o-ring chains) in gas, let them dry, then melt a pot of grease and dunk the chain in it. Trust me, the new chains are much better!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use DuPont Chain Saver

it creates a teflon film on the chain, dry and self cleaning.

I've been using it on my other bike and that is what i intend to use on my CBR250R. I lube my chain every after 2 tank fulls or 500 miles.:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I use DuPont Chain Saver

it creates a teflon film on the chain, dry and self cleaning.

I've been using it on my other bike and that is what i intend to use on my CBR250R. I lube my chain every after 2 tank fulls or 500 miles.:D
This is what I use as well along with the Dupont cleaner/degreaser.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi and thanks for the answers. So most of you agree that the DuPont products are good, maybe the best and u cant go wrong with those?

Well the problem that I am facing now is, it is probably not available here. I am studying in Indonesia, and I am originally from Germany. Well, I went shopping for my CBR yesterday and what I got is a chain lube (spray) called "Master Chain Lube" anyone heard of that before? It was the only lube that looked like a brand lube and explicitly stated that its O-ring safe.

So how can I buy the DuPont products in Indonesia or in Germany? Anyone got experience with that?

Regards

Daniel

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Chainlube has got to be Motorcycles.. not industrial non Oring chains.

And the best one is the one thats used often regardless of brand.

But Motal is so nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts