Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2337 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the question, let us know what you did to your little cbr today!

Did you wash it, install a brand new exhaust, paint your heat shield or went for a nice ride today! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Adjusted chain tension and aligned wheel properly (nearly 1 full mark out of alignment). Noticed oil dark and low, no more riding before oil gets changed. Get oil and filter tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hmm...i took mine appart. was looking for a loose screw that kept bugging me when i hit 7000 rpm. Anyway problem solved, washed it, went for a ride, and now put it to bed.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Walked by it. Off work tomorrow, kids and wife at the show but not me! Sun will be out, so where shall I go?
sounds like it will be a great day for you tomorrow! not too sure where you should go though, but seeing as you live in the Adelaide Hills i'm sure it won't be too hard to have fun ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Went on a 600km ride in the country. Tested my cold-weather gear setup. I went early so it was 6 celsius when I started. The windchill at 120kph made it effectively -2 degrees (according to a couple of online calculators). Everything was good except my hands were freezing after half and hour. I was wearing full leather gloves with no ventilation. Also found that my neck was exposed and I had to tuck a small towel in my collar for lack of a scarf. My forearms were a bit cold due to mesh-like material in the forearms of my jacket. A long sleeve shirt would have helped. I've got about a month of riding left, so I'm trying to make the most of it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
emm... yeah sure...kinda difficult though. the bike is quite big. :)

edit: wait a minute, there was a picture to your post, sorry it didn't show at first. :)
hmm so the guy actually takes his bike to bed. i'm wondering what he would be dreaming?

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went on a 600km ride in the country. Tested my cold-weather gear setup. I went early so it was 6 celsius when I started. The windchill at 120kph made it effectively -2 degrees (according to a couple of online calculators). Everything was good except my hands were freezing after half and hour. I was wearing full leather gloves with no ventilation. Also found that my neck was exposed and I had to tuck a small towel in my collar for lack of a scarf. My forearms were a bit cold due to mesh-like material in the forearms of my jacket. A long sleeve shirt would have helped. I've got about a month of riding left, so I'm trying to make the most of it.
sounds like an adventure! i also have full leather gloves with no ventilation and my hands still get very cold as well! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Went for a ride yesterday, cool temps and overcast sky. Rode up above 10,000 ft., where it was drizzling and thick fog, so that was interesting. Heading out for a ride now... today we have clear blue skies in northern New Mexico and cool temps. Couldn't ask for better motorcycling weather!

Hope your ride is a good one! :)

1 - 20 of 2337 Posts