Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2338 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Changed the forks. Off with the old corroded originals and on with the 300R forks I picked up on Ebay a month or two back.

Ready to go.

One side off.

All back together after just over an hour's work.

Not sure what to do with these. A quiet corner of the shed will do for now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Changed the forks. Off with the old corroded originals and on with the 300R forks I picked up on Ebay a month or two back.
Nice work. It's real handy that 90% of the parts are interchangeable between the 250 and the 300. When I upgraded I was able to put all the go fast bits I had bought for the 250 straight onto the 300. Only bit I had to modify slightly was the header pipe to take my 250R slip on.

Reactions: Keith

·
Registered
10 Posts
Planning to wash that babe today.
Give her a soapy bath, feel the curves, and then polish her up.

Signature:
Y̶O̶U̶T̶U̶B̶E̶ ̶:̶ ̶P̶I̶S̶T̶O̶N̶ ̶H̶E̶A̶D̶

·
Registered
399 Posts
Decided I wouldn't be chopping it in for one of these after a demo ride at the local Triumph dealer's open day:

The Triumph pulls beautifully from 40mph in top for confident overtaking but otherwise just felt heavy and slow steering compared to my CBR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watch the wind blow it over. Had it parked on street covered and a gust of wind came from nowhere and blew it over. Not sure how to prevent that. Luckily no damage was done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Beginner track course

I did my first course on track, I have to improve a lot, but it was a very nice experience!

·
Super Moderator
2,041 Posts
Pulled the front wheel, drove to Tucson and had a RoadSmart3 installed on the wheel, pushed as much grease into the front bearings as I could (almost none), and re-installed the front wheel. A short ride verified that everything is OK, but, afternoons are in the low 100F territory, so I came home for a late lunch and a siesta.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm like a week late to posting but just did a yoshi pipe and fender eliminator. Also will be doing the givi bracket soon but didn't realize it did not include case when I bought it. IMG_4019.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sold my cb500r and had removed the givi side case brackets. They were lying redundant, so I checked if they would fit the cbr. The only thing I had to do to have perfect fit was to manufacture two straight brackets to bolt on to givi top box carrier. Now I have the best of both by either having cases on cbr 250ra or nc750s dct.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Some Hide & Seek

I have some mild scratches on the muffler cover. So I just covered it up with some sticker. That's all I did today with my CBR.

That's it..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can that sticker take the heat?:confused:
Of course. I think Akrapovic, Yoshimura, etc stickers are mostly meant for somewhere on the silencer part. And, this sticker is a bit thick one, it is like two layers, the sticking part and the part which we see with the logo (outer part). The sticking part is approximately 0.5 to 1 mm thick. The muffler cover already gets only lesser heat compared to the muffler + this thickness of the sticking part will help to protect the outer part of the sticker.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So today I drilled a big hole in my bike...................................and filled it with a USB socket
I also fitted a Telferizer satnav mount (far easier, it's just an expanding plug you screw up tight in the steerer tube)

All I need to do now is find enough time to ride far enough away from home to be somewhere I don't know my way around.
Neatly done the work. Looks like some kind of stock set up of the bike. But how is that Garmin monitor fixed there? Where is it attached to?
I was searching to find something to keep my mobile in that same position for navigation purpose.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The Garmin ball socket pushes on to the 'ball on a rod' you can see fitted to the steering stem, which is the 'Telferiser'.
Initially the Garmin tilted down at speed but I fixed that by cutting the finger tip off a latex glove and putting it between the ball and socket.

·
Registered
198 Posts
2012 cbr250r abs, fitted new chain and sprockets, checked rear wheel and hub bearings (ok), new front brake pads, changed brake fluid front and rear, checked tappets within tolerance, renewed coolant , fitted 2016 Cb500f Honda clutch lever to ease use of clutch. Different configuration lever. Changed oil and filter. 17,000 miles on bike . New rear pads fitted last service. Superb little bike. My latest purchase is a NC750se DCT which since last September I have clocked up 11,000 miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went to WalMart to pick up a few groceries this afternoon, and what did I find in the parking lot? I don't know who owns the other one.
Well, now I know... On 3/19/2017 I posted a picture of my tri-color 2013 parked next to another tri-color 2013 at WalMart (mine is the one on the right). In fact I parked next to that one a couple of times but never saw the owner - got a feeling perhaps the owner worked there. Then I didn't see the other bike for several months.

Yesterday morning I went out to WalMart again and after shopping, when I was all geared up and almost ready to take off, a younger guy on a bicycle comes up to me and starts asking questions about my bike - tells me he had one exactly like it. As it turns out he owned the one I parked next to, he works there, never saw my bike or any other bike like it. Unfortunately he crashed and totaled his bike in May and got too scared to ride after that.

Thank God that he appears to have recovered really well! Too bad he lost his bike and his desire to ride again.

As hot as it is around here, it would be tempting to ride in lighter or less gear, but this guy's story backs up my decision to always ride in full gear.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Found another tiny rusty spot on my fuel tank. :mad:
That's the second one and the bike sits under a cover (though it's way down near the seat so maybe I've been rubbing that spot with my jacket without noticing it...but it's disappointing nonetheless).
Going to fix it next week. Can't be bothered today and tomorrow I'm assigned as an election worker for our federal election.

2281 - 2300 of 2338 Posts