Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Found another tiny rusty spot on my fuel tank. :mad:
That's the second one and the bike sits under a cover (though it's way down near the seat so maybe I've been rubbing that spot with my jacket without noticing it...but it's disappointing nonetheless).
Going to fix it next week. Can't be bothered today and tomorrow I'm assigned as an election worker for our federal election.
Removed the rust today and put a bit of paint on the metal. Doesn't look great but who cares.0:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
My last track day December 16th 2017:
Nice one, your really getting that sucker over! What tyres are you running?
The mirrors look like they could be distracting folded up like that, how come you dont take them off?
I did a couple of track days on my old CBR250R repsol and enjoyed the experience so much i went on to get a dedicated track bike.
I used to remove my bar end mirror and we had to tape over the headlight and indicators before they would let us out on track.
Great fun. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice one, your really getting that sucker over! What tyres are you running?
The mirrors look like they could be distracting folded up like that, how come you dont take them off?
I did a couple of track days on my old CBR250R repsol and enjoyed the experience so much i went on to get a dedicated track bike.
I used to remove my bar end mirror and we had to tape over the headlight and indicators before they would let us out on track.
Great fun. :)
Thanks! I´m using Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, I´m planning to change to Pirelli Supercorsa SC in the future. It´s easier to just folded up the mirros and don´t bother me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fitted the Speedo Healer today. In 38 degree heat..
Will take it out for a quick spin tomorrow morning to check if my speedo is now correct. (43 degrees tomorrow, so won't be out for long :) )

Pulled the bike apart a bit too much before i worked out where the speedo sensor plug was..
But in the whole process i've discovered that the faring on the left hand side is being held on by a bolt that has an extra 'shim' of metal near the head (Maybe to go through a rubber/plastic piece of something). Not the same on the right hand side.. so i'm thinking someone has had it apart before and put this one back in the wrong spot.

So Speedo Healer works well... Now have it set to Speedo: 100 = GPS 98
Gives that little bit of leeway if i go over a bit..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, as the winter here is cold I don't ride a lot, so my CBR was getting quite dirt... Today I've washed it and I've checked the levels of the coolant and the oil. The tire pressure was really low so now they're perfect and finally I've lubricated the chain. She looks soooo beautiful... I'm waiting ansious the spring coming!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fitted the Speedo Healer today. In 38 degree heat..
Will take it out for a quick spin tomorrow morning to check if my speedo is now correct. (43 degrees tomorrow, so won't be out for long :) )

Pulled the bike apart a bit too much before i worked out where the speedo sensor plug was..
But in the whole process i've discovered that the faring on the left hand side is being held on by a bolt that has an extra 'shim' of metal near the head (Maybe to go through a rubber/plastic piece of something). Not the same on the right hand side.. so i'm thinking someone has had it apart before and put this one back in the wrong spot.

So Speedo Healer works well... Now have it set to Speedo: 100 = GPS 98
Gives that little bit of leeway if i go over a bit..
I'm gonna take a stab and suggest that you live in NSW state, Australia?

·
Registered
399 Posts
3 degrees here in the south of England today, colder than I've got kit to make pleasant.
I did get the first ride of the year in on Saturday, 40 miles down to the coast and back in 6-7 degrees. That's about the lower limit for heated grips and the gloves I own.

Today: I've got those little plates at the ends of the swing arm here at work for rust removal and repainting.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I finally removed the battery from my bike. It's one of those things that I hate to do. I'm unfortunately rather clumsy and there is always that one screw or washer from the connections that wants to fall out of my hands and somewhere into the frame....preferably where it is unreachable for fingers.:mad:
Could get it out this time though.0:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Turned 10000 miles on the odometer, 8200 of them mine over the last 4 years.
The temperature wasn't much above freezing but the sun was out so I put on my warmest kit, turned the heated grips to max and rode a 40 mile round trip to the coast for a walk along the beach and cliff tops. Shame I didn't take a camera, there were a number of fresh cliff falls that would have made good pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
$3 exhaust deflector

I was riding home from work and kept smelling something, turns out it was my right side saddlebag getting hot. So I went down to Oreilly's and bought a straight exhaust coupler and cut it at an angle then welded it to the exhaust tip. I'll give a better ride report tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dusted the bike off, put in some fresh fuel, aired up the tires and went for a short ride. The weather was nice, and the ride brought some good memories. I don't ride much anymore; however it's good to see the community is still kicking along. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My order from Revzilla arrived today with a new battery and a new set of tires. Filled and charged up the battery and rode for about 20 minutes. Need to make an appointment to have the tires installed. The original IRCs have lots of tread left, but they're pretty weather-checked. 6 year old tires with only 3000 miles on them. Got a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Street Radials to have installed. The upgrade to radials should be nice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So my bike was just about to hit 40 000km and it was time for my 4k service. My oil was looking rather pitch black (yes I know colour means nothing, but gold oil turning black means dirt to me.)
So I decided to do 3 oil changes.
Bought 3 oil filters, 1 oil filter gasket, 1 sump washer and 5 liters of Castrol ActEvo 10w40 oil.
I then got my wife to assist me with the changes. She's a fantastic appie.
I drained the oil on a hot engine and as I said above, black oil drained out. I then replaced the oil filter and refiled the oil. I then took a ride around my estate for about 15 Min or so to heat up the oil. Rode right in to the garage on to the paddock stand and time to do the 2nd drain of oil. It was still mostly black, but it had a tinge of gold. Again replaced oil filter refiled the oil and went around the estate, parked the bike and drained the oil, this time it was mostly gold with a tinge of black. Repeated the steps and drained one more time I can now say it was just clean gold oil that made its way out of my engine.
I now replaced the oil filter gasket and sump washer with the newly bought items. Started the bike check the oil level and now the bike is ready for action once again, as new as it came from the show room.
I can also comment on that the engine sounds smoother and the gear changes are smoother and less clunky.
This cost me around about R1000 ZAR or $69 USD dollar. It was a little more costly than what I like, but after 5 yeara and zero issues im happy to spoil that engine a little. Next for the dirty hands is a coolant change and brake fluid flash. I'll also be getting a new front tyre tomorrow.
Any way safe riding all.

**(Added a photo of the oil after a good 150km ride)**

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
This does not really belong here but I didn't want to open a new thread for it:
It seems that the CBR 300 is not available in Germany anymore and hasn't been since at least July last year. :surprise:
So much for the renaissance of small displacement bikes in Germany.
(the CB300 is still available though)

2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts