Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
This does not really belong here but I didn't want to open a new thread for it:
It seems that the CBR 300 is not available in Germany anymore and hasn't been since at least July last year. :surprise:
So much for the renaissance of small displacement bikes in Germany.
(the CB300 is still available though)
Well here in South Africa they have completely removed the CBR300R (in market 6months) and CBR500R (in market 6 months) from the market. They only stocking the Supersports and dual sports. So looking at getting a Kawasaki versys 650. Nc750 is alittle boring. (My opinion only)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
This bike isn't boring, but, it is quite practical. Honda CB500X w/ ABS

·
Registered
271 Posts
This bike isn't boring, but, it is quite practical. Honda CB500X w/ ABS

I'm only talking about the NC750, the engine for it is just blaa for me. I'm not saying it's a bad bike as it isn't. Amazing fuel consumption, comfortable and so much more going for it. But for me after the test ride it's just ..... Boring is the wrong word but that comes to my mind. Hahahahah

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Boring is the wrong word but that comes to my mind. Hahahahah
You probably mean that you expect more oomph from a 750cc engine. There are 650s out there that have more power (I can only go from the specs here as I've never ridden a NC750).

·
Registered
271 Posts
You probably mean that you expect more oomph from a 750cc engine. There are 650s out there that have more power (I can only go from the specs here as I've never ridden a NC750).
I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head with that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did my first DIY oil and filter change at 4000 miles. Expect it's in the mind but bike felt fresher!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
I feel the same way with both my bike and my car. It makes sense.

If I wait too long for an oil change for the bike I get odd shifting issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finished up a Morimoto D2S square retrofit. One round projector always looks off to me so went with square and love it. If I were to do it again I'd probably go with the Apollo 2 shroud rather than the gatling gun. Wish I had bought both but wasn't thinking!!

Camera really makes the side emitting strips appear blue. In person they are white and appear very near the same color as the halo.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spring was a little late this year. There were still some snowfall even tho it's already mid April. The last few days was sunny enough that it fooled me into taking the bike out of the shed then it snowed again. Well now it's nice again so cleaned the bike, checked make sure my registration and insurance are still up to date, took it for a quick spin. The roads are still full of gravel but overall I am ready. Starting the 2018 season with 17,700km.

Have fun everyone.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Going back to the NC750 conversation. I could live with a 50hp 750 if it didn't weight 220kg. Why so heavy? Yamaha's MT07 is capable of similar economy if ridden sedately and gives you the option of going quicker when you want to with nearly 40kg less metal to drag along.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Filled her with gas one last time to put her in winter storage. Cleaned her and lubed the chain. No oil change this time as there will be the 36.000km inspection coming up in a few miles and I had changed the oil earlier this year and barely rode here because of financial shortages (though that problem has thankfully been somewhat solved now with a new, ridiculously low paying, job).

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just recently gave her a service for my 4000km Sanity check oil change. (I take it to the dealer every 12000km)
I decided to change my oil from Castrol ActEvo 10w40 to Ravenol Ester 10w40. What a difference. No power difference but sound. My bike normally had a ticking noise (Probably Valves they were recently checked 4000 km ago and all valves were in perfect spec, Bike is on 53000 km), but now that ticking noise is gone.

I checked and the Castrol ActEvo was an old Spec'd oil of API SJ and the New Oil is API SM plus it's an Ester oil.

Anyway enough about that. Safe Riding all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm riding this evening! Christmas Eve and it's in the low 70's here! Weird warm front. Plan to fill 'er up on the way back for some storage, and a shot of gas stabilizer. Merry Christmas forum folks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, drained the old coolant as the last time I did this was 4 years ago. I know 2 years late as stated by the workshop manual. I also decided while the side cowl was off to clean the engine from dirt, no oil at all shes a beauty. I also decided to clean the chain completely and lube it. Checked to see if it needed adjusting and after 18k km still no adjustment needed. Wow even I'm stunned at how long its lasting.
Bike at the moment giving me 31km per liter with medium to hard riding. 7 years and counting. Here's go many more. Safe riding all.

2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts