Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at the dealership, but we havent had many of these in our town. since i just bought one, id like to go ahead and adress any possible issues.

i know firstly Ill be greasing the shifter deal. anything else major i should check? i did notice when my wife was riding home in front of me, the bike was leaning to one side at speed. (just a bit) and when i got home and checked the wheel alignment marks were not in the same posistion. that has been corrected. anything else?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive already found a couple that were in "backwards" ie..nut and threads on the outside of the plastic instead of inside..an i think my rear link is installed backwards LOL. this thing sits way to high in the front, but maybe its just because im just to big bikes with alot of rake.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...t-else-can-i-doing-routine-maintenance-4.html

Somewhere near the start of this thread I listed all ive done from new to 6000 hard km, I noted what had come lose, or what needed lubing.

And you are right about the gear lever pivot, mine is squeaking and needs lubing the pivot point, i'll use never seize instead of grease.
Also the rose joint balls (not sure of the terminology) are moving where they are meant to be crimped to the mounts both ends. (ie @ gear lever and at the shifter arm)
Mine had play from new and is very sloppy now.
a weld would fix it but am changing to the Tyga rearsets so wont bother.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Zero issues with my bike. 2000 miles and the shifting and braking continue to improve. (I've had to adjust to the long reach to the shifter and high brake effort compared to the '06 599 had before so it's probably just me.) I must have had quality set up from my dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
omg the front brakes SUCKKKK!!!

that is the first thing on my list to fix. im going to try and find a larger rotora and i already have a brembo caliper. ill just fit a stainless line and spacers for the larger rotor.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Easy on the Brakes.

omg the front brakes SUCKKKK!!!

that is the first thing on my list to fix. im going to try and find a larger rotora and i already have a brembo caliper. ill just fit a stainless line and spacers for the larger rotor.

Depending on how you apply the Brakes. It will take between 100 to 300 miles before the Brakes are Bedded-In (Burnish). Also reffered to as Seating the Brakes or Breaking in the Brakes.

During this Bedding Process. You are Heat Treating (Tempering) the Rotor for many Heat Cycles, before the Brakes will be 100% effective. Don't try to rush this Process by doing Maximum Braking Stops. The Side Effect of Maximum Braking for extended use is Overheated/Cooked/Glazed Brake Pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts