Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how your guys bikes are set up?
Personally im 6'2" 200 lbs and im on the 3rd setting and its perfect

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm 6'2 200lbs also but how do I check the suspension setting? I just got my bike last weekend so whatever stock is. I've put about 45 miles on it :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look at the rear shock at the bottom there is adjustments. the second lowest adjustment is what is comes out of the factory as.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I was at 240 lbs when i got the bike..at nite time and a pickup truck was on front of me I noticed my headlight was shaking all up and down on his tailgate..it wasnt even a bumpy road....so i bought the tool from the stealership for $10 and set the rear at the 4 setting...alot of that shake is gone now...plus im down to 225 on my way to 200 or less..that probably helps some too

and how to adjust this setting is in "lets all say it together boys and girls" IN THE OWNERS MANUAL

·
Registered
501 Posts
and how to adjust this setting is in "lets all say it together boys and girls" IN THE USERS MANUAL[/QUOTE]

Not all manuals are the same. I must of got the one that has least information in it. Its not in mine. neither is the valve specs. It has more pages on how to set the clock & got thru kph & mph. LOL

·
Registered
628 Posts
5'6" 163lbs. Stock setting mine is fine so long as i dont hit any ied's(potholes) in my way.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
5'6" 163lbs. Stock setting mine is fine so long as i dont hit any ied's(potholes) in my way.
Watch out for the guardrails and the animal carcasses.

IED's are everywhere.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I weigh 225 and mine is set on 5. Makes a huge positive difference. You guys on stock setting may not know what you are missing OR you have perfect roads..

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
preload is 'Ride height adjuster'
you'll have to measure the sag to get it right.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts