Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. A newcomer to the forum, but since I live in Thailand, I could well become a CBR owner quite soon.

I am intrigued about how the bike looks without the bodywork. I know that's an odd request for such a well-designed bike, but finding a story about the American RYCA CS-1 special got me thinking about how well the CBR might lend itself to a similar creation.

Here goes with trying to put pictures of the RYCA here:

The Ryca uses a big old heavy Suzuki 650 single from the Savage cruiser, an engine that puts out about 30 bhp, and that is encased in a frame very much unsuited to cafe racer lines. The wee Honda, on the other hand, can be tweaked to give nearly the same power, is much lighter and has great frame set up and far superior brakes.

And that's why I am wondering what the CBR looks like minus the bodywork. Does anyone have any pictures to share?

Thanks in advance.

pj

·
Registered
256 Posts
I personally can't wait until someone goes cafe with one of these. I might have to copy! I wonder if some one with the know how and time could make a kit and make some money selling them? I could be wrong but it seems like there would be a large market for this considering the large quantity of these bikes around the world and my impression of the demographics of many of the buyers. Of course they wouldn't be too unique then, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great link to the video, Foobar, thanks. I'm very pleasantly surprised by how neat and attractive the bike is without the bodywork. I expected it to be much more untidy and unattractive without the window dressing. Perhaps a 'naked' or a cafe racer or even a flat tracker style version would be a viable option..

I agree with CBR-STL that a more bare-bones version could be very appealing. Especially if it still retained its ABS. I bet someone like RYCA are working on such creations right now.

pj

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The CBR nekkid looks like a chick thats real hot at the bar after 10 Bundy's.. but ya wake up next morning and chew ya arm off.. put ya clothes back on and run.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
If you're in thailand than surely the Yammy SR400 would be more yer style.

I'll say one thing, the certainly make enough noise. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're in thailand than surely the Yammy SR400 would be more yer style.
I am in Thailand - north of Chiang Mai - and I admit a fondness for the lines of the SR400, but I also have a serious jones for Hondas, and have done ever since my first couple of bikes in the 70s.

I think the CBR would make a great flat-track or cafe racer-styled bike, and would still have all the modern benefits of great geometry and ABS brakes. The link I saw you put up about Honda re-tooling to make bigger bikes in Thailand is also potentially great news too.

pj

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
The link I saw you put up about Honda re-tooling to make bigger bikes in Thailand is also potentially great news too.

pj
It sure is.

A 400cc at around the 190,000thb range would be saweeet.

I'm holding on until next year to make my next move. The new 2012 Kawa650 models should mean a bit of a drop in the used market, with 2009 Er-6n's already at only 160k or even less, I think next year is going to be an interesting one. I really don't need 70 horsepower but a new fuel efficient 400 at around 45HP would be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts