Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read my owners manual and they recommend at least 86 % octane unleaded gas for the 2012 CBR 250 .

The owners manual stated this % more as a minimum , rather than a must use . This left me wondering , should I stick with the 86% or is a higher % " better " for my bike ?

I would be very interested to hear what you fellow riders have been topping up with , if you notice a difference and how long have you been doing so ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok , yes I am new here . Tried doing a search and didn't find anything so I posted the question . Not sure why all the drama ?

To those that answered the question , thanks !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey MaxTO,

As a fellow GTA rider, I'll give you straight answer.
Regular is fine. I use premium cause I like the imaginary feeling that my bike is running better.
And forums get nasty when a question is asked for the tenth time.
If you do a search for "fuel octane" you'll find it discussed to death.

Hope to see you on the road.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Q: What gas do you use , and how long have you been using it ?

A: Shell and it it depends upon how many days it takes to use it up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey MaxTO,

As a fellow GTA rider, I'll give you straight answer.
Regular is fine. I use premium cause I like the imaginary feeling that my bike is running better.
And forums get nasty when a question is asked for the tenth time.
If you do a search for "fuel octane" you'll find it discussed to death.

Hope to see you on the road.
I only searched octane and didn't see anything :( good call should have also included " fuel " in the search field .

But thanks for your answer !

And on the bright side , look how much joy I have brought into the lives of want to be mods :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use pure Petrol and no gas.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I'm converting my bike to run on enriched Uranium 232... an old dude up at Los Alamos National Labs says he can hook me up with some of the good stuff... Sweet.:rolleyes: Same dude I been getting my Flux Capacitor's from.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's not funny anymore.......
Then why post in this thread ? You do realize that you are bumping the topic each time you post about how pointless you think it is to post :confused:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Then why post in this thread ? You do realize that you are bumping the topic each time you post about how pointless you think it is to post :confused:
Hoping you'll see the light I guess. Some of us learn slower than others.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts