Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I find a breathable leather or mesh jacket in the summer to be cooler than not wearing it because of the sunburn. I open the vents in my helmet obviously. If it's over 100*F, I won't ride. There's a point where it's like "screw it". Same level of discomfort as if it's below 45*F or getting caught in the rain.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Full boots year round - A-stars SMX-5 (they don't seem to get hot, but they also come in a vented version)
Dianese Air Flux mesh jacket (It's entirely abrasion resistant mesh, you can see through the entire jacket - with armor - doesn't feel like you have anything on)
Jeans (some things never change - but I'm looking at those bohn-armor-pants things)
Gloves - Sedici fully perforated (Cycle Gear brand, but, they're great), also A-stars fully perforated, but I like the Sedicis better.
Full face helmet, of course...

·
Registered
427 Posts
LD CBR has it right. When the temps go above body temp, you need to cover up. You cannot drink enough water at hwy speeds to keep up with the evaporation. Net result, you get even hotter. Covering slows the evaporation rate allowing your body to cool itself.

Why do you think Nomads in the desert are 'ATGATT' :D

Same reason.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's hot here in Vegas most of the year too, yet i still cant imagine NOT wearing gear. I'm pretty sure the pavement is hot either way when you're sliding acrossed it bare skinned even at 35 MPH. I wear a Joe Rocket Recon mesh jacket, gloves and helmet whether its warm or not.

Just my $.02
Yes, you want to talk hot. Try a half body road rash! I think drinking lots of water is important like a camel pack or such.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wear a speedo with flip=flops. Just kidding, course. Today, it is 104 in Palm Desert. It gets too hot to ride----then, I take the car. Whipsaw.

·
Registered
455 Posts
In atlanta... I just dont ride in summer daytime. I dont enjoy it.
Its fucking miserable. Riding without gear just isnt worth it. So ill take the cage and hop on the bike at sundown.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I find a breathable leather or mesh jacket in the summer to be cooler than not wearing it because of the sunburn. I open the vents in my helmet obviously. If it's over 100*F, I won't ride. There's a point where it's like "screw it". Same level of discomfort as if it's below 45*F or getting caught in the rain.
same here..around 50 degrees i have found to be lower threshhold...high 90's and even the breezes from riding dont do nothing for you...but our heat is usually 80% humidity..so your sweat doesnt even evaporate.....rain doesnt bother me as much as long as its hot outside.cold rain sucks..been there too :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
When it gets really hot, I go with full leathers and make sure all the vents are closed. It keeps the heat off.

Just don't stop. You might die if you stop.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nothing. Just ride naked. Lol. For real though, NC summers suck. The humidity makes it worse. Many ppl have said if you're riding long distances, to soak your shirt in water every time you stop for gas or to eat etc. when you ride it's like "natural" A/C. Haha. @angela, I bought a Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0. It's an all season jacket. Has a removable vest liner, then mesh jacket, and a great outer shell that is waterproof and removable as well. LOVE this jacket. Well worth the money. Sometimes I wish I could just ride in shorts and a shirt. Or I even think about running to the store down the road w/o my jacket. But then I always think about a story my MSF instructor told us. A student of hers always wore all his gear all the time. Then decided to take his gear off during a ride with friends. He ended up in an accident that day. The ONLY time he took his gear off riding. Sad thing is, he had his gear with him. Just wasn't wearing it. :( To me, it's just not worth it bc of that huge "what if" moment. Not preaching. Just saying. But for me, it's better to sweat than bleed. (I know someone else says this all the time) :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 vented jacket. Remove the liner. It's almost like riding without a jacket, but still tons of protection. Joe Rocket Vented gloves. Open vents in helmet.

I ride with the same jacket. Its mesh so lot of air flow and also leather at all impact points. My shoei rc-1100 also lets in a lot of air when all the vents are opened.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks folks--I've got a Speed & Strength technical jacket (more for cooler weather riding even though it has vents, it doesn't breathe as much as I'm going to want/need in the Va. heat & humidity this summer).

So, I ordered this Joe Rocket mesh jacket last night--gotta love the purple... might have to get a color-coordinated helmet. :p

Attachments

·
Banned
834 Posts
Scorpion Exo 400 FF helmet w/ Blue mirror tint shield (love the mirror tinted shield!). Mossi mesh jacket, mesh gloves, vega Octane armored pants that have zip outs to let more air in. All in all it works for me.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts