Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I decided that I was tired of keeping my car parked out on the driveway just to keep the bike inside the garage so I put the bike outside the house under my front porch and parked the car back inside the garage. Even though the bike is out of the elements where I now park it I would still like to get a motorcycle cover to put over the bike to keep it even more protected from the elements.

What model and size motorcycle cover do you guys have and how would you rate it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got a Guardian Weatherall from Dowco

clicky

Fits the my bike very well and covers all the way down over the wheels. I like that it has a covered flap to let out any moisture but not let any in, and the heat shield panels that allow me to put the cover on right after a ride if I had to. Though I usually give it about 20-30min to cool down before I put the cover on.

I don't have a garage to keep her in until the winter, so a cover is my only option right now. The cover I have has been working great.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the Defender 2000. It's waterproof and very durable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd just like to ask, how many people cover their bikes while its in the parking lot while at work/school/wherever if its an outdoor parking lot?

I can't decide whether it's worth it or not..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't cover mine at work, but I do park it under an overhang for a little protection.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wish I had a cover today. It's supposed to thunderstorm in the afternoon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carrying a cover with me everywhere I go sounds like it would be too much of a pain in the arse... If I'm at work and the bike gets rained on then so be it, at least I know i'll be riding it again within a few hours so it doesn't bother me as much as when it gets rained on at home.

·
1,305 Posts
honestly, i'm not too worried about the rain, what i got the cover to protect from is the Sun and the bloody Santa Ana winds we get in So Cal ( wind blows from Neveda and its dry, really windy and carry's ALOT of dust)

·
Registered
116 Posts
for the winter (because i dont plan on riding in the snow and heavy rain) i plan on leaving the bike in the garage and doing some weatherizing stuff (like gasoline stabalizer and bringing the batting into my closet.)
do u think its needed to put a cover on the bike during that time? or is just leaving it in the garage good enough.

my garage will protect from snow/rain/wind, but not from temperature or spiders/cat/raccoons

·
Registered
161 Posts
do u think its needed to put a cover on the bike during that time? or is just leaving it in the garage good enough.

my garage will protect from snow/rain/wind, but not from temperature or spiders/cat/raccoons
Put a cover on it. At least it will keep dust and cat claws off it....

·
Registered
999 Posts
just got this Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 half cover size medium today.
It's primarily to keep the rain off the seat while it's parked in the work yard.

The nice thing about this is that it packs small and since it doesn't cover the pipe it can go on right away.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I put the dura shield cover on hot all the time per their instructions. Plus the 250 exhaust has a shield on it anyway. No problem with three covers. They also make a lighter travel cover to carry, it is also lighter protection, but works well too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts