Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like that halfy Nelson rig, but I am going to keep shopping.

Black and silver covers may look "cool" on the outside but they turn into ovens in the sunshine. Besides baking your bike, covers will sand it nicely too on windy days if you have any grit at all on the bike or (as always happens) trapped in the fiber of the cover's inner liner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks for the input,
i thought honda's cover would be more spendy then that. seems like everything i look at from a manufacturer is usually 3-4 times more expensive then if i buy an aftermarket of the same thing so i usually dont bother looking at "genuine honda parts".
this looks like a good price, wish i looked back at this thread a few days sooner. i already ordered a cover from somewhere else. ill come back to this thread once ive used it for a few weeks to let everyone know what i think of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cover

I x2 the dowco

Guardian® WeatherAll

I bought the Urban Camo one on summit racing for about 85 shipped. i'm glad it came today were going to get 2-3" of rain next 24-48hrs.

Extremely impressed with the quality of this cover as you see in the pictures it covers my bike extremely tight and all the way around to the ground and the underbelly strap was a little long IMHO but the place it attaches to is higher up on the cover than most but pulled nearly all the slack of out the cover.

Also had a Heat sheild on the entire rear of the cover a very thick material inside the cover was very nice it will most certainly keep the paint clean

HIGHLY recommend

Sorry pictures are night right after i got home from work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the Dowco 50003-02 Guardian WeatherAll size Large for $72.61 with free shipping from Amazon, and it fits and looks great! I would highly recommend it. The Large fits almost perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CBR250R Cover Recommendations

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere--just bought a CBR250R and need a cover for it--all weather. Any suggestions on brand and model that fits well?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just do the homework about bike covers. Some are expensive but offer little protec-tion when it comes extreme wet weather or extreme heat of continous datys. Some look very cheap but offer the best protection!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone actually purchased the Honda cover? There's one for around $120 but curious about the quality, fit, and durability. Mine came with a cover max that is way too large and worn slam out, so a little leery about taking a chance with a universal. Will one that says it will fit a CBR600 fit a 250R? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
^Yes I am also curious about the Honda oem cover fitment and how weatherproof it is.. A cover specifically made for the bike sounds like a win.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use the Bilt cover from cycle gear, the camo one in medium ( I think), I use it to cover my bike when at work or my friends. Live in So Cal, so use it to protect from the sun and wind mostly. It is light and easy to use, plus it was on sale cheap. I want to get a heavier one for the rainy days.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Some say a rope over the front axle over the seat to the opposite rear wheel helps stop the parachute effect, but its still a big sail and over it goes at even moderate wind speeds.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts