Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have MotoCentric Centrek Motorcycle Cover for my Honda CBR 250, medium size cover. It protect my bike from other elements, rain and all other things. It resists my bike from heat also. It is in range of $62.99.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread but it looks like people mostly posted the kind of covers that you'd use at home storing the bike out side. OTOH, if you're looking for a cover that will travel with you when you ride multi-day rides, you want something that packs up very small and light and yet is still very durable and protective and easy to get on/off. For that, go for the aerostich cover. It's pricey but worth it and is a good value says I. A cover big enough to swallow up my bigass K1600GT packs up about the size of a softball and is easy to carry along to protect the bike from the elements and mischievous hands.

Aerostich Ultralight Bike Covers :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

·
Registered
576 Posts
i had the wife sew two large cotton curtains bottoms together with the
rod loops at each end for bunggy straps when it's on the bike front to back.i did it just for the dust in the garage but it turned out much better than i hoped for.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the Dowco Guardian Weather All Plus Motorcycle Cover. dowcopowersports.com works fine
what size for the dowco cover for the cbr 250r did you get? Im looking to purchase it too, but the revzilla guys recommended Medium size, instead of the Sport Bike size... which one did you get?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got a Guardian Weatherall from Dowco

clicky

Fits the my bike very well and covers all the way down over the wheels. I like that it has a covered flap to let out any moisture but not let any in, and the heat shield panels that allow me to put the cover on right after a ride if I had to. Though I usually give it about 20-30min to cool down before I put the cover on.

I don't have a garage to keep her in until the winter, so a cover is my only option right now. The cover I have has been working great.
what size did you get for the dowco, for the cbr 250r?

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
what size did you get for the dowco, for the cbr 250r?
I have a Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus Motorcycle Cover 50124-00. It fits the CBR250R like a glove. Its waterproof and feels very high quality. I love this cover! I bought from Amazon

Guardian® WeatherAll® Plus Motorcycle Cover | Dowco Power Sports - manufacturer of luggage, covers and accessories for motorcycles, scooters, snowmobiles, ATVs, and UTVs > Brands > Guardian > Search Results
There you go...

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Your welcome... I just happened to see that post referencing the Dowco item number for that cover.

When digging through some of these older threads, you have to keep in mind that some of these members haven't been active on the site in a long time, so it's often pretty unlikely that you'll get a response from them.

It's great to see newer members like yourself searching the site for information in these existing threads... over the past three years there is a lot of info pertaining to the CBR250R that has accumulated on this site. :cool:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I don't use one. Bike is usually garaged at home, and parked in secure parking at work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
501 Posts
MCN tested the Geeza and conclued that it isn't particulary waterproof... as in, barely at all.

The Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 is what I bought and took on my 6000 mile southwest tour last fall. It comes with and packs into it's own included fanny pack, but I ditched even that for the trip because the cover can be packed even more compactly into a stuff sack about 6" x 4". I guess the fanny pack is over-sized to allow users to carry a bit of personal effects with them. There is an elastic loop on each side of the cover, about mid-ship, which are not long enough to attach to anything on the CBR250, so I attached two short bungee loops, they kind used to slip through a tarp grommet, to the loops which added enough length to secure each side to the rider foot pegs.

One evening I camped in north-eastern New Mexico on a bluff overlooking a large ravine with a railroad trestle crossing it. Tent up by sunset, balmy pleasant night with a few clouds. Turned the AM radio on and heard a bunch of static. 20 minutes later I saw lightning in the distance. Cool. 20 more minutes later and the light rain arrived. Refreshing. Dove in the tent, then the rain picked up, along with the wind. And the wind. Then, the deluge, along with more wind. The windward side of my rain fly ripped right out of the tent stake. I had to get out in the dark tempest and find large stones to throw on the corners of the rain fly. Even then, the wind was so strong it blew the rain and whipped up the sandy particles right through my tent screens, coating everything. The wind driving the rain and beating the tent was absolutely deafening. The lightning was not passing over from one side to the other; it was every direction at once, non-stop. Not a flash here, then there. The ceiling of my tent was lit up constantly like the light was on in the room. At it's height, the lightning was striking the area immediately surrounding me on the bluff, as there was no perceivable delay between lightning and thunder. I could smell the ozone. Imagine how safe I felt, safe in my tent with aluminum poles! This went on for a couple hours. I don't know if my undies were wet from rain water alone, or loss of bodily function. I considered my options. If I left and made a mad da sh for town, the tent would blow away and I would get struck by lightning. So I just put all my riding gear on and lay on my 2" thick Thermarest air matress, which was really nice to have, considering there was an inch and a half of rain water on the floor of my tent. An hour later, it subsided a little, so I took multiple sleep-aids, presciption and non, to try to get a little rest before the next wave hit, which it did later on. I learned later I had found myself at the confluence of a norther and souther that joined right over my geographic location. They had clocked winds over 60 MPH at the nearest town which was a few miles away. And I was on a bluff, so I imagine the wind was considerably stronger than that. I'm no wind expert, and have not much to base this on, but it felt like if I wasn't experiencing near-hurricane wind speeds, then it was within a gnat's ass of those speeds.

The moral of the story is, when I peeked out of my tent, pre-dawn, after the worst was over, the bike was A) still standing, and B) the UV-2000 was still as securely covering the bike as I had left it. If the wind had knocked the bike over during the tempest, I would not have been able to hear it topple anyway. I was at least expecting the cover to be either gone or ripped to shreds. It exhibited no adverse wear from a night of 60+ MPH winds. I must say I was incredibly fortunate in the way I had oriented the bike when I parked and covered it: the ass-end was facing directly into the wind, so at least the wind was not broadsiding the bike. There were even a few areas under the cover that almost resembled "dry." In any case, it wouldn't be fair to expect a half-cover to keep a bike dry under it when the wind is driving the rain under it like it was that night. Anyway, I was very impressed with the way the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 handled the ordeal. Packs small, light, easy to put on and remove. I recommend it.

just got this Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 half cover size medium today.
It's primarily to keep the rain off the seat while it's parked in the work yard.

The nice thing about this is that it packs small and since it doesn't cover the pipe it can go on right away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your welcome... I just happened to see that post referencing the Dowco item number for that cover.

When digging through some of these older threads, you have to keep in mind that some of these members haven't been active on the site in a long time, so it's often pretty unlikely that you'll get a response from them.

It's great to see newer members like yourself searching the site for information in these existing threads... over the past three years there is a lot of info pertaining to the CBR250R that has accumulated on this site. :cool:
Yeah I try to avoid duplicating information throughout the forum. This forum is a gem, you just have to look through the rocks :)
I just ordered that cover, so I'm hoping its a great fit :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the money, and quality of workmanship, I use the Nelson-Rigg Defender 2000. I've had one for each of my bikes for the past 9 years. My CBR250r uses a medium. My oldest cover is 8 years old and I use them all regularly. I leave my bike covered at the Atlanta airport almost every weekend. It's never blown over, thank goodness, but if it did blow over, I would rather it fall with the cover on it, than without.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use a $10 cover I purchased at Big Lots. But... My motorcycle sits in a heated garage so it more or less keeps the dust off of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just put my order in on Amazon for the Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus Motorcycle Cover 50124-00 with lock After reading the review here. Thanks Guys..

·
Registered
68 Posts
cars stay outside. toys stay in the garage. i have lived in the same house 28 years, the car has been in the garage Exactly 2 times. my CBR is in the wheel chock,under a Menards cover, in the garage. works for me

41 - 60 of 61 Posts