·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Did you not get the owner's manual?

Regular.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Manual says regular is fine (87 octane). If you can find a place that sells it ethanol free, that's your best bet, but it can be hard to find depending on your location.

I've switched to using ethanol free 91 because it only costs a couple bucks more, and my bike no longer stumbles on cold starts.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use the lowest grade of ethanol free available

Reactions: tegs

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Petro-Canada around here has Ethanlol Free signs on all grades
That can't be right. As of 2010, they're required to have an average of 5% ethanol overall. That usually ends up being 10% in regular, 5% in mid grade, and 0% in premium.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's what I thought but they say it's Ethanol Free, I run it in my race bike with good results

·
Registered
262 Posts
of course I just read this off their site...

Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Click below for list:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Click on your province to see list of ethanol free stations. Here in U.S., stations with a lot of pumps usually have separate ethanol free gas pump. Smaller stations have one side of one pump for ethanol free gas.
Interesting, this confirms my earlier thoughts that all PC stations in NB are Ethanol free! YAY!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
The CBR is fine as long as the Octane rating is greater than 91. Higher octane fuels are an overkill for this bike, where you'd end up actually heating the bike more. Stick to normal gas, which is what the bike has been designed to run on.

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts