Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts
~~
Helmet: GMax GM54 modular, White, $130
Jacket 1-Cheap Xelement leather from leatherup w/reflective embroidery, Black, $120
Jacket 2-Castle Streetwear Textile Jacket, Black/wine, $110
Pants: Sliders All Season 2.0 Kevlar, Silver/white, $140
Boots: Icon Super Duty 4, Black, $120
Gloves: Wells Lamont outdoor leather/mesh work gloves with padded palm, Tan/Black, $12 at Menards :)

Good, cheap protection that doesn't totally look like a Jester's uniform, hehe.
~~

Re: What gear do you wear?

~~
Helmet: GMax GM54 modular, White, $130
Jacket 1-Cheap Xelement leather from leatherup w/reflective embroidery, Black, $120
Jacket 2-Castle Streetwear Textile Jacket, Black/wine, $110
Pants: Sliders All Season 2.0 Kevlar, Silver/white, $140
Boots: Icon Super Duty 4, Black, $120
Gloves: Wells Lamont outdoor leather/mesh work gloves with padded palm, Tan/Black, $12 at Menards :)

Good, cheap protection that doesn't totally look like a Jester's uniform, hehe.
~~
That's why I like the stich. It looks more like a combination of astronaut, test pilot and Dork rather than jester :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Wow I never realized how hardcore 250 riders are. I am around avid big bike racers all the time and they all gear up when going for real runs on road or on the track but I never really considered it on such a small bike. I've been riding for a while and while mostly on cruisers I would not even where a helmet when in places legal to do so. I was in a low speed wreck and thanks to my leather jacket and my angels I was fine even without a helmet. I've since converted to a full face now (since i live in a helmet law state) and do miss my open air feel but I don't think I could ever ride in full leather or extreme gear unless my intent was racing. I just can't see stopping at the store with the whole get up and click-clacking everywhere in my boots.

Helmet - Arai RX-Q
Jacket - Tourmaster Intake 3 or leather jacket
Jeans always
Vinatge U.S. issue army boots (best non-slip soles ever)

Wow I never realized how hardcore 250 riders are. I am around avid big bike racers all the time and they all gear up when going for real runs on road or on the track but I never really considered it on such a small bike. I've been riding for a while and while mostly on cruisers I would not even where a helmet when in places legal to do so. I was in a low speed wreck and thanks to my leather jacket and my angels I was fine even without a helmet. I've since converted to a full face now (since i live in a helmet law state) and do miss my open air feel but I don't think I could ever ride in full leather or extreme gear unless my intent was racing. I just can't see stopping at the store with the whole get up and click-clacking everywhere in my boots.

Helmet - Arai RX-Q
Jacket - Tourmaster Intake 3 or leather jacket
Jeans always
Vinatge U.S. issue army boots (best non-slip soles ever)
You'll change your mind, we all do at some stage.
Being a road crayon is no fun.

Reactions: brendanlim
Working at a couple hospitals, and having worked at a trauma hospital for a bit, I take ATGATT pretty seriously. Not that you can buy or wear absolute safety, but the ortho docs have a better chance of screwing/nailing you back together if you still have meat left.

Scorpion exo-500

Knock off of Fieldsheer Super Sport Iv

or
Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0

Tinwolf vest

Scorpion Cleo

or Olympia gore-tex gloves

Olympia Airglide 2 pants

Or
Hood ND4 jeans

Or
Sartso cargos

Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boots

My dad told me a long time ago, "Tim, the road doesn't care if you fall off a small bike or a big bike. A 60 mph slide on the pavement after going down riding a small bike is the same as a 60 mph slide off a big bike."

Of course, I'd rather have a 250 land on top of me after a crash than a full dress Harley, but the slide on the asphalt is the same no mater what you're riding.

My Gear

I've been looking for pants for a while but they are too expensive at the moment. Need to save up still! Any recommendations? They need to be short fit. Overpants are fine as well.

New helmet to match bike paint job :D

Warm, summer gloves

Thick, leather gloves for when it gets cold!

Just bought these hiker shoes. They're much more structured than my old running shoes. I couldn't find a pair of motorcycle boots that fit and were comfortable(size 5 feet).

Attachments

Helmet - Speed & Strength Go For Broke (saving up for Schuberth C3)
Jacket - Firstgear Kiliminjaro
gloves - Icon Patrol
Pants - Firstgear HT overpants
Boots - Tour Master Response 2.0

Still planning out my summer gear but I already have a pair of Firstgear HT Air overpants

Shoei Qwest helmet, Teknic Supervent Pro jacket, Teknic Supervent pants, Teknic Chicane leather jacket (2011), Teknic Chicane leather pants, Teknic Lightning gloves, Teknic Supervent gloves, Teknic Thunder gloves, Fly Racing Milepost WP boots (but you can bet I'll have Teknic Chicane boots soon enough).

Teknic, Teknic, Teknic. And Teknic.

Re: What gear do you wear?

Usually just my helmet ,a t-shirt , jeans and shoes... with the weather here already above 100°f in the afternoons I cant ride with a jacket on.. I know its not safe but it gets so uncomfortable with the jacket that i find it much more distracting...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Helmet - Speed & Strength Go For Broke (saving up for Schuberth C3)
Jacket - Firstgear Kiliminjaro
gloves - Icon Patrol
Pants - Firstgear HT overpants
Boots - Tour Master Response 2.0

Still planning out my summer gear but I already have a pair of Firstgear HT Air overpants
You may want to rethink the helmet and go for something that gets a better rating. The C2 is cheaper and gives better protection.

The following web site is internationally respected for their helmet tests

SHARP Helmets

121 - 133 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.