Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 2012 cbr250r non abs and i was wondering what tires come factory on it? i tried searching on here but kept getting info on the indian/thai models which apparently run a different tire. i wanted to research some reviews on them and get some info but cant seem to find the answer on even hondas website. just tells me size. if anyone knows i would appreciate it. also your personal experience on the tires. most of the stuff i am reading on both this website and on google is that the stock tires are pretty good. but it seems that everyone switches to the pirelli demons when replacment is due. thanks in advance. i get my bike thursday otherwise i would just go outside and look lol.

also im in canada. i would assume the canadian and american models have the same tire.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i just purchased a 2012 cbr250r non abs and i was wondering what tires come factory on it? i tried searching on here but kept getting info on the indian/thai models which apparently run a different tire. i wanted to research some reviews on them and get some info but cant seem to find the answer on even hondas website. just tells me size. if anyone knows i would appreciate it. also your personal experience on the tires. most of the stuff i am reading on both this website and on google is that the stock tires are pretty good. but it seems that everyone switches to the pirelli demons when replacment is due. thanks in advance. i get my bike thursday otherwise i would just go outside and look lol.

also im in canada. i would assume the canadian and american models have the same tire.
Yours will have IRC Road winners on it, as it is Thai built. They are good tyres for stock. Use them till they run out then go pirellis or bridgestones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. thats super helpful. i just researched a bit. it seems that they are pretty decent for a factory tire option. i dont plan on any kind of crazy riding yet so they should be more then sufficient. everyone seens to be saying to warm them up well if u plan on driving hard on them.

what are other riders impressions on them?

·
Registered
878 Posts
All tires are a compromise generally speaking.......softer rubber means better cornering and usually braking but the compromise is they wear quicker. That's a generalization and with that in mind the tires on the CBR are a good compromise. Mine have served me well in the dry and wet. Dual compound tires are what most people upgrade to now, harder near the center for greater wear and softer on the outside for greater traction.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chirp up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I reckon the stock Road Winners are great. They have certainly never left me in any doubt that I was well stuck to the road regardless of the riding conditions.

·
745 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the Michelin Pilot Road tires. Bought a set, will be putting them on as soon as the rear tire gets a bit thinner

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Worth noting is the IRC RX-01z Road Winner tires fitted as OEM on the CBR250R are "S" speed rated, whereas the IRC RX-01 Road Winner tires sold aftermarket are "H" speed rated. This would explain why the aftermarket IRC's are slightly more expensive than the OEM spec tires. For about the same amount of money as the price of aftermarket IRC's, you can get a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's, a far superior tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock Tyres

The CBR250R comes with IRC Roadrunner tyres. I have been riding my bike in Bangkok for 6 months and have had many grip and sliding issues with these tyres that don't give me any confidence to ride the bike to its limits.

Last week i finally decided to upgrade the tyres to a decent brand and decided on a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT090 tyres.

Once fitted the tyre tread pattern was surprisingly similar to the original IRC tyres.

However the increase in quality is very impressive. I now have confidence to ride the bike properly as the grip is great.

In my opinion Honda would have chosen the Bridegstone BT090s as the preferred stock tyres but decided to supply with IRC to reduce costs. I now believe that the IRC Roadrunner are Bridgestone "copies".

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have BT003 Racing street in the correct standard sizes.. they are so sticky it feels like they actually slow the bike down.
Ive never felt tyres like them, they grip right on the edge when the left footpeg is grinding out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have BT003 Racing street in the correct standard sizes.. they are so sticky it feels like they actually slow the bike down.
Ive never felt tyres like them, they grip right on the edge when the left footpeg is grinding out.
Wondering what kind of Temp. you're riding in?
And same question to the OP?

Here at 7-17 celsius (45-65 F.) I'm finding the factory tire slipping and sliding all over the place.
The BT003 should be much better in these temps, correct? Not sure I want to wait till the factory tire is worn to replace it, that might be 2-3 years in this northern climate riding season.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm not happy with the stockers during spirited rides. I had Avon Road Kings on my EX that I was quite happy with, and am wondering if they would give me the same satisfaction on the CBR. I am a Bridgestone fan though, and the battleax's have always intrigued me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts