Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to motorcycles, but I do most of my own maintenance work on my truck and car. I'm shopping online for stands to use on the 250 do do my own maintanence.

I notice that there are rear arm stands and rear fork stands. Which one should I order for the 250. Does it matter?

What stand do you guys use, I'd appreciate any recommendations.

·
745 Posts
The CBR doesn't have spools (round knobs with slots mounted on the swingarms) so that limits you on stands. I've seen one company that makes spools that are attached using the rear axle bolt, but since one of the reasons to get a stand is so you can remove the rear tire, they don't seem to be of much use

Several companies make a stand that will work on any straight swingarm. Pit Bull is one, here's a picture of their SS stand that will work with spools or not (the bike pictured has spools - you just flip the top piece over for the CBR)

If you know you'll never install spools get one like this:

There are also stands for the front forks, which have 2 "posts" on each side that swivel.

These stands (especially Pit Bull) aren't cheap, so shop around and find one that fits your needs and budget. Awhile back, CycleGear was selling a stand for $50, but I haven't seen any in the store for awhile.

Good Luck!

·
745 Posts
I use and like the Pit Bull. Got a decent deal on it, but they normally sell for ~$140. Here's a picture of the front fork stand:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CBR doesn't have spools (round knobs with slots mounted on the swingarms) so that limits you on stands. I've seen one company that makes spools that are attached using the rear axle bolt, but since one of the reasons to get a stand is so you can remove the rear tire, they don't seem to be of much use

Several companies make a stand that will work on any straight swingarm. Pit Bull is one, here's a picture of their SS stand that will work with spools or not (the bike pictured has spools - you just flip the top piece over for the CBR)

If you know you'll never install spools get one like this:

There are also stands for the front forks, which have 2 "posts" on each side that swivel.

These stands (especially Pit Bull) aren't cheap, so shop around and find one that fits your needs and budget. Awhile back, CycleGear was selling a stand for $50, but I haven't seen any in the store for awhile.

Good Luck!
This was a great informative response. Thank you!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got my stands in yesterday and they work great! I got the DMP S-Spec front head lift stand ($80 on ebay) and this rear stand.

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/33000056/images/stand-7002.jpg

REAR SWINGARM MOTORCYCLE STREET BIKE STAND UNIVERSAL | eBay
(also $80 on ebay)

I think its a Motorsports Product brand, but never could find a site for them. Its the most similar to the pit bull I could find for half the price. Very sturdy and great quality IMHO.

The thing is for the rear, alot of people are having issues getting paddock(because you cant put spools on this bike) stands that will not hit the bottom of the muffler. Therefore you are limited on getting the pitbull or this. I havnt found any others that would work.

I would highly recommend a front head lift vs fork lift if you like to do work on your bike. Its more stable and lets you do things to the fork that a fork stand wont.

Ill get some pics up of mine when I get a chance.

P.S. See this thread if you want to see pictures of how cheap stands hit the muffler...
http://www.cbr250.org/forums/showthread.php?491-Anyone-in-Thailand-buy-a-rear-stand

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got my stands in yesterday and they work great! I got the DMP S-Spec front head lift stand ($80 on ebay) and this rear stand.

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/33000056/images/stand-7002.jpg

REAR SWINGARM MOTORCYCLE STREET BIKE STAND UNIVERSAL | eBay
(also $80 on ebay)

I think its a Motorsports Product brand, but never could find a site for them. Its the most similar to the pit bull I could find for half the price. Very sturdy and great quality IMHO.

The thing is for the rear, alot of people are having issues getting paddock(because you cant put spools on this bike) stands that will not hit the bottom of the muffler. Therefore you are limited on getting the pitbull or this. I havnt found any others that would work.

I would highly recommend a front head lift vs fork lift if you like to do work on your bike. Its more stable and lets you do things to the fork that a fork stand wont.

Ill get some pics up of mine when I get a chance.

P.S. See this thread if you want to see pictures of how cheap stands hit the muffler...
Anyone in Thailand buy a rear stand?
Thanks, I just ordered this rear stand from eBay.

Edit: I just got the stand this morning and my new bike this afternoon. The stand works great with just me using it and steadying the bike with one hand.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered this rear stand from eBay.

Edit: I just got the stand this morning and my new bike this afternoon. The stand works great with just me using it and steadying the bike with one hand.

Thinking about ordering that stand. Does the exhaust allow you to position the stand forward of the axle bolt?

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thinking about ordering that stand. Does the exhaust allow you to position the stand forward of the axle bolt?

Thanks.
Yes, I just went out into the garage and tried it. You can position the stand as far as two inches in front of the axle bolt without interference from the muffler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts