Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three U-locks that, at casual glance, appear as if they might fit in that cutout under the seat, but none do. Has anybody actually found a U-lock that fits that cutout?

·
Registered
282 Posts
probably some very expensive Honda branded one, but in truth I wouldn't know as I use a disk lock

·
Registered
147 Posts
hmm I might be picking up one of these soon. I am liking the disc lock because like that guy says it fits under the rear seat. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
what i havent figured out the point of is putting a U-lock thru the front wheel. There is a Vespa near here that i see this on. Lock thru the wheel but not locked to anything else. I guess they figure it will make it harder to roll the bike away but i think most bike thieves would just pick the whole bike up and toss it into a van.

·
Registered
576 Posts
what i havent figured out the point of is putting a U-lock thru the front wheel. There is a Vespa near here that i see this on. Lock thru the wheel but not locked to anything else. I guess they figure it will make it harder to roll the bike away but i think most bike thieves would just pick the whole bike up and toss it into a van.
same with the disk brake lock.thats why i use a cable
to wrap around something stationary.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I bought a disk lock once. I gave it away without even using it. I popped into a motorcycle shop to buy one of those dayglo reminder cable thingies, and the guy in the shop said that he'd stopped selling disk locks. He said that you wouldn't believe how many people cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage to their bikes, by riding off with them on, people moving their bikes, etc. I just know that I'd probably do this, with my memory, so I gave the lock to a friend. I use a lock on a chain instead.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have 5ft of a beastly chain and padlock that just barely fit under the seat. I am quite confident no one could get through that chain in under 30min and especially not without setting off the Gorilla alarm I have buried under the riders seat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use a Kryptonite Disc Lock and it fits under my seat along with a ziploc containing my manual/registration/insurance without hassle. The lock is also very sturdy. I had originally locked it down with a steel braided cable and used the disc lock as a padlock, but I just dont trust someone to not happen along with a hydraulic cutter and get through the cable like butter.

Sure, someone could just get a buddy and pick my entire bike up with the disc lock, but at least I feel that its a pretty good deterrent. At the end of the day, if someone's determined to steal the bike, theyre gonna steal the bike. I just try to eliminate the 'opportunity' aspect of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are the models of the three U Locks you have tried to fit under the seat? It would be just as helpful to know what does not fit there.

Thanks,
LAbike
2012 CBR250R

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use a GPS tracker and full insurance. I am afraid I will forget to remove any kind of wheel lock and don't really have anything solid to chain to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
anyone just put a cheap alarm on the cbr? Can pick them up for like $10 now, with remotes. I will give it a try. I use a hardened Bike Guard chain at home, locked to a steel post. Bike is parked like 15 ft from where my head is in bed at night. chain lock will not fit under the seat, but can be worn over my shoulder maybe. I have ins so no lock used when not at home.

I wouldn't trust the remote start/ignition shut off of these alarms, but just as a stand alone motion alarm, fuse protected, can't be too bad.

Fashion Motorcycle Bike Anti Theft 12V Security Alarm System Remote Control ES9P | eBay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts