Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a sweet custom white and black cbr250 that looked sweet, that would be my dream color scheme. What would be your perfect color scheme for your bike?

How could I achieve this? Custom paint the fairings and and tank?

Here is mine:

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't get me wrong, i love my red/silver color, even though I would rather have black rims but he white and black looks super hot.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
OK, y'all will think I'm weird (if you don't already) but I'd like to see a CBR250r with a similar color scheme to Steve McQueen's Porsche 917K in the the movie LeMans.

lemans movie gulf - Google Search

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
i got a weird idea,
once the cbr150r launches here-already announced,arriving on may on dealerships,i can have the fairings from those and make my own DIFFERENT coloured ride.

Currently have stock red-silver-std(no ABS) bike with no mods other than a tankpad and motul pro-racing brake fluids

COLOUR PLANNED
1.FRONT MUDGUARD-BLACK
2.RIMS-BLACK
3.ORANGE RIM TAPE
4.ORANGE CBR150 FAIRINGS.
5.BLACK SUB FAIRINGS
6.YOSHI SLIP-ON

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
150 fairings should fit.

My model was black silver, and then bought the six pieces needed from the 150 that was released in all black. The only difference will be the shape on the windscreen which is pointier, afaik. I think all the other pieces are identical.

·
Registered
628 Posts
^ wtf why couldnt our stock wheels come black :'(

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
^ Yup. Completely agree. Still, it's easy enough to paint them.

Why couldn't they put the cat convertor in the downpipe instead of the muffler like the 150 too?

·
Registered
628 Posts
^good point. Guess we are victims of the first try with this style lol

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
btw, the Indian 150s look like they're getting completely different colour schemes to the rest of the markets.

I must have seen about 12 or 13 different colour schemes for this bike by this stage. 6 alone in Thailand as they changed the 3 colour schemes after only one year.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone needs to be fired. I bet future models will have black rims. :mad:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah i would guess so. Seen alot of cbr600's with stock black wheels

·
Registered
706 Posts
I said this the day I bought mine. The Ninja it was next to had black wheels!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
OK, y'all will think I'm weird (if you don't already) but I'd like to see a CBR250r with a similar color scheme to Steve McQueen's Porsche 917K in the the movie LeMans.
So, I was bored and I found a picture of a bike that has a paint scheme similar to the one I am imagining for my CBR. I wonder if got my bike up to Wisconsin, if BBRMotorsport would give me a good deal on a paint job like this...

Ducati 1098R Gulf Racing Replica - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
That Gulf Ducati is one bad a** looking bike... Steve McQueen would give it the thumb's up!

Thanks for linking up those photos, Empty Sea. Sorry, but I have to say all this whining that seems to dominate so many threads on this site... " I wish my wheels were..." or "I hate the Tri Color" or "I hate the Red/Silver"... "Someone should be fired" Blah, Blah, Blah... ad nauseam. Really? For myself, I feel fortunate to have one of these cool little CBR's to ride. As it is, I've got no less than 5 bikes now in my garage, so I consider myself to be one smiling M*ther F**ker. You won't hear me bitching about a single one of my motorcycles. Besides, when it comes to bitching about stuff, there's bigger fish to fry.

The best scene in LeMans is the slow motion footage of the Ferrari flying through the billboard a 200 mph... spectacular. All of the in car camera footage is as cool as it gets. McQueen did all his own driving in that movie. I've worked with a few A-list "movie stars" on films here in New Mexico. They pull their boots on one at a time just like the rest of us. But guys like Steve McQueen and Paul Newman..... They were of a different breed altogether... Webster's should have their photos next to the word "Cool"....... RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"MORE RIDING... LESS BITCHING"

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sweet, love the paint scheme. I know some on this forum complain about their bikes, however, others love their bikes and if they are "all for" modding up the bike, then go for it. If someone wants to inject thousands of dollars extracting 2hp, go for it! It's a hobby and in some ways very much a part of the sport. People paint houses, buy new furniture, switch up their cars, own dozens of shoes, 3 closets full of clothes....all for variety and fun in their life. Same could be said about the ceebee. I'm having fun personalizing my "boy":D.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts