Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people would take with them for a long road trip or a really "long" nice drive haha..

1. GPS
2. Cell Phone
3. GPS
4. Real map!
5. Beef Jerky/Red Bull
6.Radio/ipod or whatnot
7.Power Inverter!
8. Money
9. a Police Scanner?

Im curious what police scanners or radar dectors are out there for us to use?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wont need a trailer. just a small backpack, small bag of jerky, huge bag of cash hahaha, and other things.

As for a police scanner it helps when you get bored on the highway.. just wonder if there would be anywhere to mount on a bike, now that i think about it..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just wondering what people would take with them for a long road trip or a really "long" nice drive haha..

1. GPS
2. Cell Phone
3. GPS
4. Real map!
5. Beef Jerky/Red Bull
6.Radio/ipod or whatnot
7.Power Inverter!
8. Money
9. a Police Scanner?

As for "police scanner" really called a Radio Scanner, your best bet (not the cheapest one) is the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT, it will pick up lot of Police, EMS & Fire frequencies.

it's gonna run you about $700 tho, it's a expensive investment but worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

1. GPS
2. Cell Phone
3. GPS
4. Real map!
5. Beef Jerky/Red Bull
6.Radio/ipod or whatnot
7.Power Inverter!
8. Money
9. a Police Scanner?

The money I can understand, also the map, and these days the cell phone. But that's it.

If I was just going for a long day ride, the money is all I would take. Sometimes a map, and maybe wet weather gear. I seldom carry a cell phone.

If heading into a remote area (as is my wont), I would be inclined to carry a puncture repair kit, including tire irons and a pump. That has been useful on several occasions for me. I am not sure how I would get on with tubeless tyres. I would probably go for one of those aerosol things, though never had much joy with them for tubed tyres.

When touring for up to several weeks in Europe (several trips) I took camping gear, a change of trousers, several t-shrts etc, one "good" shirt, and a pair of sturdy sandals. I also carried a woolen long johns and t-shirt; sometimes needed in the Alps.

In NZ I might add some basic food supplies as well as fishing and snorkeling gear.

I enjoy riding, but obviously the ride that is not the be all and end all for me. I often ride to get somewhere, and to do something when I get there. To me, a bike should be able to carry what I need.

I have usually bungied the camping gear on the back, and the other gear in a bag on the tank... would probably need a different solution for the CBR250R.

Having done a lot of seasonal farm work, I have often also carried sheep shearing, fencing or other gear. No problem for my "naked" CB250RS, and CB350's, but I feel the CBR250R in its present guise need not apply!

·
281 Posts
Tubeless tire repair kit, Means to air it up, cell phone to call for help, maps, first aid kit, pain relievers, tool kit, spare headlight bulb, fuses, spare taillight bulb, owners manual, some survival food and drink..........

·
Registered
636 Posts
mmm..mmm..good..im prayin' for dry weather tommow so i can take a nice long ride with crossbow mounted on the windshield, gps mounted on the instrument cluster, sword and scabbard on my hip with mre's duct taped to my torso..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts