Here we go again.so when i pick up mine what would be the best way to break it in? some people believe in doing a hard break in while others believe in doing a soft break in. which one do you recommend and why?
+1When I pick mine up, my plan is:
- ride easy until the oil temp comes up (maybe 3-5 miles)
- ride solidly through all the gears through their full rpm range
- don't lug it, don't bounce the rev limiter
- accelerate smoothly, don't pin the throttle
- don't stay at the same RPM
- come home after about 50 miles
Not ride it like you stole it, but not "I didn't exceed 6000 RPM for the first 500 miles..." either.
thank god in israel we have only 90 rainy days a year.It's not a proper winter if don't have at least two break-in threads and a couple dozen oil threads.
Most people can't/won't ride in the winter so what else is there to do besides argue on the internet???