Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
OK, I know that I'm getting on a bit, but am I the only person on this forum who likes the CBR 250R as it comes from the factory? I see many folk on here changing just about everything on this bike, but I love mine how she is. The only thing I've added is a top box. What's with all the mods people?
WOW I couldnt agree more. Its just crazy to me. This bike is to small and to slow to spend hundreds or thousands on performance parts. Its a great bike the way its is. You never get your money back out of all that extra stuff either.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm with you, I usually leave my bikes as they are. I'm of the mindset that I'd rather put any extra money I have into buying more bikes but that's what makes riding bikes interesting and the reason many of us ride is so we can express our individuality. You'll get some interesting responses, some riders are passionate about changing their rides. I restore vintage bikes but I'm anal about keeping them stock.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
So far, I plan no mods to my bike. Nothing major, at least. But, I do understand other people's desire to tinker. I mean, when I was a kid, we all had cars we messed around with and we could do that because the cars and the modifications were cheap. Not so much anymore. So here comes a pretty cool bike. Relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to work on. The modifications are,again, relatively cheap, too. I think it's in some of our natures to try to make any vehicle go faster, handle better, look unique,or even get better gas mileage.

I'm probably not going to modify my CBR, but I do enjoy reading about the various projects going on. And who knows, maybe I will get that Bazzaz box and/or a yoshi exhaust sometime ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm with you..at least mostly...I did replace the saddle with a Corbin..best $ I ever spent.
I replaced the accent light beside the headlight with LED's, I like that look so much better.Also replaced the license plate bulb with an LED for much more light..I added Photon blaster lights frome skene design on the front fender screws for added safety , added a knight rider auxiliary brake light on the back license plate holder frame from custom dynamics for added safety...and just ordered some Denali2 LED driving lights for more light at night for safety....thats all I plan to ever do at this point..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Im not huge on the mods either. however i will change the exhuaust if i can find one that doesnt make the ceebee sound like a whinny dirtbike

·
Registered
54 Posts
I added some bags, which come right off, but other than that, I'm with you. I like the little CBR just fine, but if it does prove inadequate, I'll get something else rather than try to turn it into something it isn't.

·
Registered
235 Posts
OK, I know that I'm getting on a bit, but am I the only person on this forum who likes the CBR 250R as it comes from the factory? ... What's with all the mods people?
Makes no sense at all to me either Wynne. I have no idea of why we do it. If I had any money left over I'd ask a shrink.

·
Registered
501 Posts
all the mods i do , i build & design myself. only thing it costs me is a couple dollors & my time. I prefer to be a indivdiual, Yes the bike looks great from factory, but it can be improved upon.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Guilty as charged, got a sweet Akra that has transormed the bike and saved carrying something that weighs as much as an anvil around all the time.
Other than that the bike works well standard with just a few adjustments.

And when I get round to it-

Some bars to get my lanky frame closer to the front axle.
Some foot controls to move feet up and back. get rid of Hondas abomination of a gearshift linkage.
Some spools to put it on a stand.
2 teeth on the rear to make 3rd gear obsolete.
Some Fork oil and spacers.
Some brake fluid just in case.
Some tyres as there is not much left in mine at 5000km.
Some race glass to save a $1000 for every time I might bin my shyte sliding down the track and tumbling end for end thru the gravel trap at Turn 5 and Turn 8.

Cheap fun on 23hp, I do not care how she looks.. Its sexy as it is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK, I know that I'm getting on a bit, but am I the only person on this forum who likes the CBR 250R as it comes from the factory? I see many folk on here changing just about everything on this bike, but I love mine how she is. The only thing I've added is a top box. What's with all the mods people?

Some people like unique bikes, the way it comes from the factory is rapidly becoming unique :p

I am planning some mods, some are for protection (of me and/or the bike), some are for performance, and some are a mix of safety/eye candy.

Going through this thread I did not see mention of the horn. Most motorcycle horns sound like something you would find on a clown car. The horn is one mod I intend to do.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
like them right out of the box myself (with a little weight loss ripped off her)

...but the exhaust on this bike :mad:
....then had to get the Bazzaz :)

now im glad i did , she just more fun and peppy ;)

at least waited until she was old enough (8000 miles):D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
the ceebee sound like a whinny dirtbike
:mad:my bike said: F-u she not whinny , she said that must be the overseas models or the rattlers.:mad:

:D:D:D
was not feeling the sound at first but she scares the hell out of people now ! it's awesome :D:cool::)

starting to grow on me ;)

different opinions from motorcycle rider and non-riders verify the look and sound is way better than stock.:p

the best is when people on their cell phones have to roll their windows up because they can hear over her thumping :mad:

she sound like a little MONSTER now :cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im with auffit. 1 mod makes little difference. A bunch of them add up to a bad ass high performance thumper!

·
Registered
999 Posts
While I'm not into trying to make my slow bike fast (better resolved by buying a faster bike), I'm wanting to change the suspension and maybe the ergos (rear sets) to make what I have handle even better. If this wasn't my only bike I would be totally fine with it as it is in stock form but since it is my one & only and I live smack dab in the middle of twisty road central, I can't help but want as much flickability as I can get.

If I get the itch for speed again I'll get a bigger bike as a stablemate. But for now I'm really enjoying the new techniques I've had to learn to keep momentum in the corners with the 250. It's been much more rewarding & satisfying than simply twisting a bigger bike out of the corners. The thought of this bike as is but with excellent suspension just sends shivers down my spine. And i mean that in a good way :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
The bike is great value, which actually means there is a little cash left over to personalize. Not big on fancy bling, but practical aspects like luggage (and would love a bigger touring screen. And sliders make sense too.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I did all the modding on my Sportster, gonna keep this bike mostly stock. My only planned changes are revolving around ways to carry stuff. (saddlebags, top cases, etc) But it is fun to change it up, so I can see where a lot of these guys (and gals) are coming from)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm putting the M4 Street Slayer on mine, and doing a black vinyl wrap on some of the panels. If I eventually race this bike, like I'd like to, I'll go for new risers and rearsets, but for now, I think this is it.

My 15 year old VW has too many things that truly need fixed, versus my brand new, perfectly running CBR.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The only mods I'm looking at are ones that reduce weight to improve performance - as I see that as the only real shortcoming of the stock CBR250R. My plans for March 2012 include a lightweight exhaust (looking at either a Hindle or Akrapovic) and possibly a Shorai battery. These two mods should elminate 15 lbs of weight from the bike. Anyone else have any ideas for weightloss that don't compromise the practicality and durability of the bike? (e.g., lightweight aftermarket suspension?). I've already lost 20lbs of my own weight since September 2011. So a 35lbs reduction in overall weight should yield some noticeable gains in performance. Oh - and I've also purchased a 13T countershaft sprocket to see if this livens up the bike even more around town.

Mike

1 - 20 of 53 Posts