Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a curious thought.

How many miles do you ride for commuting/pleasure/touring a year?

I have ridden about 10000 miles in my first year of riding. I do commute, but also do a variety of hiking/outdoors trips that I use my bike to get to.

·
Registered
427 Posts
20,000-35,000Km/year.

My best year was something over 50K! But I toured my butt off!

Keep in mind my season is usually April - Oct.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Calculator opened...1km = 0.621371mi..ok brain able to comprehend:)

Yeah, this year was bizarre here in my area so I pretty much rode all year around. However, I did most of my riding in the summer. Now that I'm back at University I'm only doing some commuting because I live within walking distance from my school. I am hoping to do some more touring this summer once I graduate(hopefully:D)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Motorcycle average 1500 miles a year. Will be more with the CBR.

Truck only in winter or hauling something. About 3000 miles

Wifes car 3000 miles year round

Wifes new Rebel . I bet she does 3000 to 5000 this summer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My milage has varied over the years. Some years maybe less than 5,000 km / 3,000 miles, with a lot of that off road. Other years, with a bit of commuting and the odd tour, over 15,000 km / 9,000 miles.

I grew up with Imperial units, and pounds, shillings, and pence (£ s d) in NZ. We changed to decimal currency in 1967, and metric units (so kilometres) in the 1970s. In the UK it was (and I think still is) miles. Elsewhere has all been kilometres in my experience. I am ok to use either.... or even both at the same time, but get thrown with the US gallon!

In just over 9 years, I have done about 100,000 km / 62,500 miles on my present day to day ride; say about 11,200 km / 7,000 miles a year.

Right now it would be running below that. A few years ago I would use my bicycle for trips within a 5 km radius, but these days that has expanded to a 10 to 15 km radius..... and I am healthier for it!

The amount of traffic on the road in Phuket has increased hugely over recent years. They have put in a lot more traffic lights, but have not upgraded the roads much. A trip that used to take 15 or 20 minutes by motorcycle now takes 30 minutes. Cycling, I can do the same journey in 40 minutes. Of late I have noticed a few more cyclists who seem to have discovered the same.

In the five years I had the CB250RS I did about 25,000 miles, so about 5,000 miles a year on it. I was in England for 7 or 8 months of each year and did a July tour of 1,500 to 2,500 miles. Otherwise it it was shorter trips and general getting around. I would do another 3,000 miles in the 4 - 5 months I worked in NZ on the MB100 I had there (and still own), so a total of about 8,000 miles / 13,000 km. a year.

·
Registered
311 Posts
12,000 to 16,000 motorcycle miles/year

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay imperial units:D

It is hard to think in the other when growing up with one.

Most other riders I know are in the 1200-2000 miles range. They're mostly good weather riding people only and give my all weather approach a derisive look:/ They are somewhat squidly though.

I don't drive my car though if I can avoid it. Before my bike I actually just rode my bicycle for the most part and combined it with crappy public transportation.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have 3 bikes and usually end up around 16,000 miles
About the same with me. Although, last year it was 21,000 miles. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
We're supposed to be metric in the UK. Most things are, but we still use miles on the roads and drink pints in our pubs. Oddly, petrol is sold in litres, but fuel consumption is measured in mpg. :confused:
Pretty close to the same thing in Canuckia. Though I find myself using km/l when measuring fuel consumption on the CBR. The diff between 3.0 and 3.1 is quit a bit when converting to MPG. km/l is just way more accurate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts