Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking about all of this waiting that many of us are doing. I think most have heard late June, possibly into July.

What I would like to know is, when do the 2012 models come out? Would it be in the fall, say around October, like cars do, or would it be next Spring, like the 2011 cbr250?

What is the normal schedule for motorcycles?

I'd hate to have the 2011 for 2 months and then have the 2012 come out with something upgraded.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
So I've been thinking about all of this waiting that many of us are doing. I think most have heard late June, possibly into July.

What I would like to know is, when do the 2012 models come out? Would it be in the fall, say around October, like cars do, or would it be next Spring, like the 2011 cbr250?

What is the normal schedule for motorcycles?

I'd hate to have the 2011 for 2 months and then have the 2012 come out with something upgraded.

:confused:
The CBR250R was designed and is manufactured in Thailand (by Honda's local subsidiary), as well as India (and other places?) for markets around the world. Motorcycles (and other vehicles) produced here tend to go unchanged, or little changed for several years.

There is none of the new year's model thing that seems to be a feature of vehicles produced in the USA, probably in one factory, primarily for the local market.

I wouldn't expect any major changes for 2012.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Since this is a brand new design and with all the problems in Japan I wouldnt think there will be any changes in the near future. Maybe different colors.
I dont think they hardly changed anything on the Rebel for the 25 years or so they made that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I remember my dealer telling me the 2012's will start being allocated in September. I agree with others in that there will be no immediate changes. This is a "world" bike. And since it seems to be selling well world-wide, something would need to be very wrong to merit a change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even new car models seldom change the second year... usually 4yrs is when slight cosmetic changes are introduced.

Rest assured all the R&D has been done and now Honda wants to sit back and rake the cash in; very unlikely they are going ot be introducing new motors, etc.

·
281 Posts
Normally for North American Motos the new model year deliveries start in July.....I don't think that will happen with the CBR since they are so far behind on deliveries, etc.....but at some point....you do hate to get the last of the 2011's and even for resale, if no other changes, having a 2012 would be better. I wonder if an added color or so might end up differentiating the 2012..............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts